What's new
What's new

1995 SQT 15M control panel power relay?

LadyBlueSteel

Plastic
Anyone here know exactly where it is, what the ID on it is?

Been having issues with the control panel and monitor not coming on/turning off, was initially very infrequent but now chronic, may have to turn the machine on & off a dozen times or more to get it to come on. The issue screams failing relay/contactor, as the LEDs will dimly blink for a moment when the power button (next to CRT display, not main machine power) is pushed but it fails to turn on the control panel & monitor. Everything else comes online, just no monitor & control panel. When it turns itself off during a cycle, the machine will finish the cycle normally, but obviously I can't do anything else until I get it back online.

Problem is the "diagrams" in the manual, which are next to worthless even for someone who spent 20 years wrenching and pouring over hundreds of complex vehicle wiring diagrams. I'm going cross eyed trying to figure out where the physical relay is so I can throw one at it and see if the issue is resolved. Not real keen on paying 3 grand for another service call, so if anyone can tell me what I'm looking for, I would much appreciate it!

Sounds like a failing power supply to me. The control panel is ran using DC current, so a failing DC power supply can cause what you're seeing.

The monitor runs on 100V AC, but it won't power up if the control panel does not.

I believe the front control panel gets it's DC power from the main CNC power supply (in the rack with other boards) on the T/M-Plus controls.

T/M32 controls have a separate DC power supply for the front control panel, attached to the inside of the pushbutton panel.

Either-control machines will have separate 24V DC power supply unit(s) in the electrical cabinet, but those operate the large circuit panels inside there, and the machine's limit switches and the like.

ToolCat

Back