What's new
What's new

1997 Mazak VTC 16A

gsxr12000

Plastic
Hello, I just moved my machine shop to a new location. Once we were ready to fire up the Mazak Mill we are getting an alarm while trying to home out the machine. "Z" and "Y" will both home out. I am getting a X axis soft limit alarm while trying to home out the "X" axis. However the machine column is only about to the center of the table in X when I get this alarm. Any suggestions? Do I need to remove the soft covers and turn the ball screw closer to home position before trying to home out?

You could do it by turn the ball screw by hand or the easier way is to go to the parameter page that stores the soft limits, and change the x axis + soft limit value to 999999 (or whatever the max is), cycle power on the machine, home (slowly) then set that parameter back to what it was previously and cycle power on the machine. After that you should be able to home the machine normally.

You could do it by turn the ball screw by hand or the easier way is to go to the parameter page that stores the soft limits, and change the x axis + soft limit value to 999999 (or whatever the max is), cycle power on the machine, home (slowly) then set that parameter back to what it was previously and cycle power on the machine. After that you should be able to home the machine normally.

That is what we did and it worked out great. Thank you for the help.

Back