What's new
What's new

1999 Mazak QT-250 issue

gsxr12000

Plastic
Hello, I came back from vacation this morning. I turned on my machine. Which I just machined parts on prior to leaving for about a week. When I fired the machine up it is giving me a Turrett Servo motor alarm. Machine still homed out, I could still rotate the turrett. I can not get the RED machine alarm to clear out. I went to the back of the machine and there is some kind of box looking unit on the back with a clamped on set of wiring on each side of it. The model number of the thing I am talking about is Parker D1VW1CNQD70X4696. The right side connector area of this thing was very hot to the touch. The other side was cool. Do you think that this is my problem or is it in the motor itself? I can have one of the local machine electrical guys from the area come in and test stuff too.

the "box" your talking about sounds like a directional valve. the energized coil would be warm.
could be a motor with to much dirt inside and now that it's good and cold is making the drive not like what it sees.
call mazak

find electrical drawing, see what Servo Amplifier is connected to this motor, on Amplifier itself will be alarm code. That number tells a lot.

Back