What's new
What's new

2.5 D milling problem. Vcn 530 with Smooth G control.

Pablocnc

Plastic
Hi guys,

My local reseller tells me that with the smooth G in mazatrol (conversational) it is no way to program 2,5 milling parts like the photos attached.

I can´t believe that. Mazatrol can do trochoidal milling and other great features but it is not posible program a large chamfer with ball nose mill or a sphere that my old 22 years center machine can do.

This is true? Can anybody help me with this questions?

Thank you in advance!!

Attachments

• IMG_0915.jpg
    IMG_0915.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0914.jpg
    IMG_0914.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0913.jpg
    IMG_0913.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 32
There is the option for Mazatrol 3D software that can probably do those parts (I wouldn't consider those parts to be 2.5D). But it is so expensive that you're better off just putting the money towards getting a CAM system.

I don't know mazak but I coudl make all of those parts on a 2 1/2 axis Heidenhain TNC145[circa 1985]
First one you make the circle then calculate the location of the x/z plane. Involves cutting some air
Second, a series of circles in X/Y with a series of small circular moves with a circle center defined in X/Z in between. Being all incremental moves a hemisphere less than a dozen lines of code.
Third one, X/Y circles with incremental angular moves in between at the angle of the cone. Also less then a dozen lines of code.

I doubt many controls will do it for you, but the moves are not complicated

I can´t understand why Mazak do this.

Like gustafson says, my old 22 milling machine with Heidenhain TNC 410 can do this parts.

To do a large chamfer, i only need that the machine goes on a de determinated Z and then move Y axis, recalculate the Z position and move again Y axis.

CNC Hacker, do you know how much Mazatrol 3D option cost ?

Thank you very much.

Back