What's new
What's new

2 z axis servo lag

Fabdawg

Plastic
I have a Mazak QT20N from time to time it alarms out with alarm #2 Z axis servo lag any ideas on this .
Thanks

I got the same problem with my mill. I will digg into it later this week hopefully

Sendt fra min EML-L29 med Tapatalk

Random "servo lag" alarms on the older DC-drive Mazaks are indicative of a servo drive slowly going bad, or the power supply for the servo drives going bad.

You can slow down your max rapids, that can help buy you time.

The TRA-31 and TRA-41 drives, and the servo-drives power supplies (I forget the designation) are common on Ebay, purchasing one that was removed from a working machine is usually a good gamble.

Good luck with it...

ToolCat

Random "servo lag" alarms on the older DC-drive Mazaks are indicative of a servo drive slowly going bad, or the power supply for the servo drives going bad.

You can slow down your max rapids, that can help buy you time.

The TRA-31 and TRA-41 drives, and the servo-drives power supplies (I forget the designation) are common on Ebay, purchasing one that was removed from a working machine is usually a good gamble.

Good luck with it...

ToolCat
How do I check if it's a servo drive ?

Swap the drives between the axis's. If the alarm follows the drive its a drive fault. If it stays with the same axis it's probably and encoder fault
Is the servo drive the print in the back ?

OK thank you for the feed back , I have found some used X & Z Drives on ebay didnt know about the servo drive supply maybe be just search for servo-drive power supply ?
slowing down the rapids i do that but just at the control I thought I have seen something before on some dip switches that needed changed am I thinking correct on this. one more question if I have to send out a board or a drive to be checked do you have any recomendations or do you just like to use Mitsubishi.
Thanks

Back