What's new
What's new

2005 Mazak QTN200MS

ARB

Titanium
I'm sniffing around for a sub spindle lathe to add capability along with another spindle to take work load.

I found a 2005 Mazak QTN200MS. I know very little about Mazak machines. Is this a decent machine? Mazak parts are presume are available but $$$. What is the learning curve on this control for a Fanuc guy?

This is nothing I'm rushing to buy at the moment. I need to add enough room to fit in here first. It's getting cozy in here now.

I know it's a bit open ended but I'm just looking for some basic info at this point.

Tanks

Adam

Give it one day with someone that can teach you Mazatrol and you will love it.
If you dont have anyone that can teach you it will take some more time for you to love it but you will in the end.

All parts for my 1986 machine is still available but the price is not so funny.
Here is a list of repairation done my machines in my shop:
QuickTurn10N T2 1986 (2 Years)
-New lubrication pipes etc (around 200$)

QuickTurn10ATC T3 1988 (2 Years and still running)
-New capacitors in milling spindle drive (Done by my self for 20$)
-New LCD monitor (parts from ebay around 300$)
-Repaired C-Axis driver (1500$)

SlantTurn30ATC T3 1987 (3 Years and still running)
-New flexlink thing between ballscrew and encoder (50$)
-New hydraulic hoses (100$)

MultiPlex620 1992 (1 Year and still running)

Nothing was ordered from Mazak due to prices.

The Mazak QTN_____, or Quick Turn Nexus turning centers are good machines, popular, and hold their resale value well.

The Nexus came out around 2000, and was a complete new machine design from the classic Quick Turn_____ series, which had been produced since the late 80’s. (And were wildly successful.)

The Nexus and newer Mazak’s are integral-spindle,
servo-driven turret index,
servo driven quill-less tailstock....

Nexus and later controls run g-code if you want...although like said Mazatrol is the BOMB.

Live tools are real pricey, and Mazak’s live-tool drive can be less-than-quiet...

If the Mazak has been halfway taken care of...and not run to death, it will (should) make a great machine for the right shop.

ToolCat

we have 10 Mazak lathes and 5 VMC I love Mazatrol for the lathes, you will be amazed how fast you can make chips with them. I tend to even bypass the engine lathe for ONE part if one of our Mazak lathes are open. ToolCat is spot on.

Back