What's new
What's new

2ops in same program - Mazatrol 640T - can I offset shift

HarryKSW

Plastic
I am trying to increase throughput on our Mazak ST 80 lathes by combining two ops into the same program.

(Same internal Grip for both operations)

What I am trying to achieve would be easy in ISO but really struggling to get Mazatrol to allow it.

Sequence I am trying to achieve is the following

1) Load part to chuck
2) Start Program - Face and Turn First Side
3) M0 in program - Reverse component and re grip
4) Face and Turn Second side

the issue I have is how do I offset shift the Z to face off the correct amount for Op 2 in Mazatrol.

Any help greatly appreciated.

The best way I have found to do this is to keep it as 2 programs, but use the next work number field in the end unit to automatically load the next program. You have OP1 run, call OP2, which then runs and calls OP1, etc. If you set continue to 0 it will act like an M0 at the end of the program and wait for your cycle start input.

That way they will both have their own independent Z offset that can be adjusted.

I would write a program for the first op and one for the second op. Put an end line on each program and have it switch to the next program. If you want it to stop between op make you you dont use the continue option in the end line. Since each program uses its own Z offset its a simple process.

Back