What's new
What's new

640T Buttons not working - soft keys. (QT250)

DMSCNC

Plastic
Afternoon,

We have a Nexus QT250 with the 640T control. We are having an issue where the soft buttons along the bottom of the screen stop working, ie the ones which allow you to enter program / program edit etc. The only one that does anything is the far right ">" button and the button for "position", although the position button only works to a point - ie when you hold it, it doesn't stay activated like it should.

If you use the mouse and cursor you can operate the machine by clicking the tabs on the screen itself, it is slow going but it works. This suggests the buttons themselves could be faulty - I think...??

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan.

If you have another similar machine, it might be worth swapping the cable. I had a ribbon cable go bad on one of our Mazaks, I don't think it was the same issue though.

I'm thinking your issue is different but our shop has a machine that requires you to log in upon start up. We have s keyboard attached to it via inside the panel. If we do not log in as an Administrator using the password NCUSER then the soft keys do not function. It still starts up for some reason but those don't work. If you can get your hands on an older ps2 connector keyboard there is a port inside the panel. It's a bit tricky to spot because you plug in parallel to the main board but if you do this then you can us the F keys as your soft keys until you get it fixed. There are 12 soft keys and each corresponds to F1 through F12 on a keyboard. A little clunky to use but it will get you by.

That is interesting, this machine does have a similar log in on start up. We bought the machine second hand and we believed it had previously been connected to a larger network. The username and password have always been there and all you do is click on "OK" to log in, this process hasn't changed though so I am not sure if this is what could be effecting it.

The machine hasn't been spec'd with a port for a keyboard which is really frustrating as you would think that would come as standard. I think you can probably connect one if we open the panel on the control itself, this isn't an ideal solution though.

I am speaking to an Mazak engineer today and I will update on here once I have feedback or if I have found the issue.

Last edited:
It isn't ideal but you should give it a try with the keyboard. Our has a small hole through the side we routed the cable through and the keyboard just stays at the machine. Not sure if we put it there or if it was preexisting.. I'm not sure why it would change unless someone accidentally switched the username by typing something in that box. Maybe it was set to a specific username and that had no password but now it's attempting to log into one that does. It's not that big of an inconvenience if you only interact with it on startup. We just wrote the username and password on the machine above the control.

Back