Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Country
    SWEDEN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If I check my eproms, ROM B is labled Option #1 and version A7.
    Then when I check Version of EIA it is A7 so maybe its in these eproms

4.jpg
    2-2-.jpg

2. Likes xa-mont liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

you might be onto something there Bengt.

Here's my diag screen (with op19 set to 33 so that EIA comes up.)

dsc_1825.jpg

and this is my mem card.
    dsc_1809.jpg

It would be interesting to compare what both of our ROM B eproms have on them.
    Last edited by xa-mont; 12-18-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Country
    SWEDEN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I cant see your pictures

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by benganboll View Post
    I cant see your pictures
    I'll fix it when I get home

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

are the pictures visible now?

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So i just spoke to a mate about this who was a mazak tech from way back, and he said he reckons the lower option parameters couldn't be changed - he said it actually reads them at startup from a ROM.

He did also tell me about a way you can write the parameters to EEPROM (privilage mode - diag - diag memory - EEPROM - press down and change EEPROM to 1 for write and 2 for road - START) The main thing that worries me about doing this is that i can't actually write my value for OP19 because it wont accept it, so if this stuffs something up i wont be able to change it back.

He also said that he thinks basically if you have ANY options on the T32, its very likely that it is just a parameter change needed to get the others enabled (which is good to hear) The M32 has a separate mem card for EIA and 3d.

So what i'm thinking is it might be best to find out what's on those 2nd row of ROMs and see if we can find the difference between your EIA enabled one and my non EIA enabled one.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

so i just tried the write to EEPROM thing, but only changed O14 bit 3 (which seemed to enable the sync tapping option). it didn't stay after turning off and on, so there must be something else to the equation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had a look at my M32 which has EIA and the sticker on the across the eeproms in the memory card has it ticked as an option. I was going through one of the manuals and it seems like if you have to have the EIA rom to have the other options if I understand it correctly. Will get a pick later if I can find it again

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My eprom reader rocked up today, so i'll give mine a read. and if you could do the same Bengt so we can compare the 2 that would be awesome.

Country
    BULGARIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't know how it is with the T32-6, but in the English T32 topic you can find the binaries from a T32-6 MC419-2 card that was sent to me by mistake, to compare with yours.
    For the T32-2 the EIA/ISO option is available to me only when the memory card MC455-1 is inserted. It looks like this: Shared album - Jj Jun - Google Photos
    With the MC455-1 out of the slot the EIA/ISO option is still present in the diagnostics menu, but in reality you can not create EIA/ISO programs.

12. Likes xa-mont liked this post
    Country
    BULGARIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I may have update for you. I switched my MC116 boards (between the EIA enabled, and not EIA enabled machiines), and retapped all the parameters, because the EIA enabled machine was not able to run Mazatrol programs due to some 803 DATA NOT FOUND ERROR. By this switch, although the MC 455-1 board with the EIA option is plugged in, I can not create EIA programs now. The option is not highlited in the menu any more. it is all in the O19 I believe, but as you said, it is not possible to change it.
    Take the following with a grain of suspicion, because I'm not entirely sure of most of it:
    From what I've seen so far, and I tried aLOT of different combinations, there are two removable EPROMS on the MC116 board - one is an UV erasable one, and the other, I believe is the EEPROM that stores the parameters, because with transferring the MC116s, the parameters (RAM and EEPROM) moved with them. Somewhere along the MC116 is also the RAM chip, that is held by the little battery mounted on the board.

If you find a reliable way to switch the O19 - please share it, as I believe that I'll need that soon. I plan to remove the both EPROM and EEPROM and read and eventually write the values from one of the MC116-s to the other by the EPROM reader, as I would like to be able to make both Mazatrol and EIA/ISO programs on one of the machines.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by punkbg View Post
    I may have update for you. I switched my MC116 boards (between the EIA enabled, and not EIA enabled machiines), and retapped all the parameters, because the EIA enabled machine was not able to run Mazatrol programs due to some 803 DATA NOT FOUND ERROR. By this switch, although the MC 455-1 board with the EIA option is plugged in, I can not create EIA programs now. The option is not highlited in the menu any more. it is all in the O19 I believe, but as you said, it is not possible to change it.
    Take the following with a grain of suspicion, because I'm not entirely sure of most of it:
    From what I've seen so far, and I tried aLOT of different combinations, there are two removable EPROMS on the MC116 board - one is an UV erasable one, and the other, I believe is the EEPROM that stores the parameters, because with transferring the MC116s, the parameters (RAM and EEPROM) moved with them. Somewhere along the MC116 is also the RAM chip, that is held by the little battery mounted on the board.

If you find a reliable way to switch the O19 - please share it, as I believe that I'll need that soon. I plan to remove the both EPROM and EEPROM and read and eventually write the values from one of the MC116-s to the other by the EPROM reader, as I would like to be able to make both Mazatrol and EIA/ISO programs on one of the machines.
    Have you tried swapping your mc419 as well?

Country
    SWEDEN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The T32-6 does not have any slots for "option cards" as T32-2.
    But it has a floppydrive that loads software, could it be that options and language are loaded from floppy?
    I have to look at the label of the floppy disk when I come home.
    Found this picture in my phone
    img_8278.jpg

Country
    BULGARIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

20200108_164524.jpg 20200108_164606.jpg
    Those are my two racks, they look just like yours, on which I see two free slots where the MC455-1 board could be inserted, and the options plugged into it.

Country
    BULGARIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by xa-mont View Post
    Have you tried swapping your mc419 as well?

In Monday or Tuesday I'll try that once again, I will let you know what the outcome is.

Country
    BULGARIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can now confirm that the MC419 has nothing to do with the EIA/ISO option on T32-2. By moving the MC116 and MC455-1 from one machine to the other. the EIA option is transferred. What I do not understand is that it seems that not all of the parameteres are moved by swapping the MC116 boards, the O19 is, though.
    Anybody have any idea where the O19 is saved physically on the MC116? Maybe it would be possible to edit it via eprom programmer?
    @xa-mont: I tried replying to your PM twice, but it seems that I can not send PM's to you, as it says "message sent" but nothing is stored in the sent folder, do you have any PM's from me?

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can now confirm that the MC419 has nothing to do with the EIA/ISO option on T32-2. By moving the MC116 and MC455-1 from one machine to the other. the EIA option is transferred. What I do not understand is that it seems that not all of the parameteres are moved by swapping the MC116 boards, the O19 is, though.
    Anybody have any idea where the O19 is saved physically on the MC116? Maybe it would be possible to edit it via eprom programmer?
    @xa-mont: I tried replying to your PM twice, but it seems that I can not send PM's to you, as it says "message sent" but nothing is stored in the sent folder, do you have any PM's from me?
    Well that's some good info - interestingly my T32-6 doesn't appear to have either a 116 OR a 455-1. I have a slot marked MC116, but the board in there is labeled MC446-1 (but it's got different connectors and stuff to the MC446-1 that is in slot #8, so who knows if it's mislabeled or something? Looking at pictures online of MC116 boards mine has the same layout of connectors)

I have received 2 PM's from you both on the 9th of Jan. sorry if i didn't respond, had a bit going on down my way with this whole burning country situation we've got happening in Australia right now. (there's been active fire 800m from my house several times)

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just did some more googling and it seems the MC455-1 is the board with the add in disk/card things.

On my machine that's the MC151.

Have you tried just swapping the addon cards?

Country
    BULGARIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't have two MC455-1s, the only one came with the EIA enabled machine, so nothing to swap with. I ordered the MC116s EPROM and the EEPROM from aliexpress today, I plan to read mine and experiment with changing the value of O19 with one below 64, if that works, writing it to EEPROM and then comparing the two binaries read by the reader (before and after the swap). This way I believe that I could change the O19 permanently, by editing the BIN before uploading.
    Here is how the EPROM and EEPROM look for me:

No worries about the PM's, I was just curious if they are enabled for me.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't have two MC455-1s, the only one came with the EIA enabled machine, so nothing to swap with. I ordered the MC116s EPROM and the EEPROM from aliexpress today, I plan to read mine and experiment with changing the value of O19 with one below 64, if that works, writing it to EEPROM and then comparing the two binaries read by the reader (before and after the swap). This way I believe that I could change the O19 permanently, by editing the BIN before uploading.
    Here is how the EPROM and EEPROM look for me:

No worries about the PM's, I was just curious if they are enabled for me.
    on the machine with EIA enabled, what is the version on it? is it C0 like on that ROM?