Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Alarm 253 Skip malfunction

G'day all,
    another problem for you all. I have been repairing the tool setter on my H400 which didn't work at all. New solenoid and fix broken wire got it all opening and closing as it should. Next problem was decelleration malfunction so replaced the proxy and fixed that. Next problem was the skip proxy always on and giving a skip error so replaced that and new proxy works fine but I get alarm 253 skip signal malfunction. I can see the led come on on the proxy but obviously not doing what it should at the other end. The only parameter I found was K52 (I think} and tried a few different combos on that but no different. I'm not sure wether that parameter relates to the tool setter or the touch probe. The parameter explanations I have stop at page 2 of the machine parameters so I have no idea what the other 4 pages of machine parameters do. Any ideas where to go from here or does anyone have a pdf copy of the parameter explanations I am missing?. I know enough about electronics for basic stuff but the ladder stuff is over my head as never been shown how to read it.

Thanks again

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy55 View Post
    G'day all,
    another problem for you all. I have been repairing the tool setter on my H400 which didn't work at all. New solenoid and fix broken wire got it all opening and closing as it should. Next problem was decelleration malfunction so replaced the proxy and fixed that. Next problem was the skip proxy always on and giving a skip error so replaced that and new proxy works fine but I get alarm 253 skip signal malfunction. I can see the led come on on the proxy but obviously not doing what it should at the other end. The only parameter I found was K52 (I think} and tried a few different combos on that but no different. I'm not sure wether that parameter relates to the tool setter or the touch probe. The parameter explanations I have stop at page 2 of the machine parameters so I have no idea what the other 4 pages of machine parameters do. Any ideas where to go from here or does anyone have a pdf copy of the parameter explanations I am missing?. I know enough about electronics for basic stuff but the ladder stuff is over my head as never been shown how to read it.

Thanks again
    according to the book. Alarms 253 is when during measure cycle SKIP isnt output into PLC but DECELERATION was output. You have to visually check them on DIAGNOSTIC screen, DECELERATION proxy is in your electrical drawing ( X- whatever input, can be X17C) , SKIP goes into different input ( dedicated) and can be X17D. Open diagnostic screen and see if signals are coming.

The other thing is parameters for tool plunger device are inside electr. drawing as well, PLC parameters R2532 (example), like this number and inside those numbers will be in HEX format, numbers that determine location of tool plunger X, Y, Z.

the way I understand it (how it works).., machine moves tool towards tool setter, DECEL proxy is activated, machine drops the speed and moves more forward, then SKIP proxy is activated and machine stops. Current Z position - Z skip position from PLC parameter is your tool length.

How alarm 253 i generated , the only way to check it is to open your PLC ladder and search for F53 alarm. I might have it somewhere, will check tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by noname777 View Post
    according to the book. Alarms 253 is when during measure cycle SKIP isnt output into PLC but DECELERATION was output. You have to visually check them on DIAGNOSTIC screen, DECELERATION proxy is in your electrical drawing ( X- whatever input, can be X17C) , SKIP goes into different input ( dedicated) and can be X17D. Open diagnostic screen and see if signals are coming.

The other thing is parameters for tool plunger device are inside electr. drawing as well, PLC parameters R2532 (example), like this number and inside those numbers will be in HEX format, numbers that determine location of tool plunger X, Y, Z.

the way I understand it (how it works).., machine moves tool towards tool setter, DECEL proxy is activated, machine drops the speed and moves more forward, then SKIP proxy is activated and machine stops. Current Z position - Z skip position from PLC parameter is your tool length.

How alarm 253 i generated , the only way to check it is to open your PLC ladder and search for F53 alarm. I might have it somewhere, will check tomorrow.
    I have replaced both proxy switches as neither was working. Deceleration alarm is gone and both switches are working as the LED lights up when triggered but keeps moving after triggering the skip signal. I will have another go at working out how to use the ladder but haven't had much luck so far

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have replaced both proxy switches as neither was working. Deceleration alarm is gone and both switches are working as the LED lights up when triggered but keeps moving after triggering the skip signal. I will have another go at working out how to use the ladder but haven't had much luck so far
    okey, lets start it again. What you see on PROXY as visual indicator , isnt always what can be going to PLC inputs. Open DIAGNOSTIC screen, find inputs X... and activate proxies, see if inputs going O-1-0

here we are facing some crappy problem. Apparently alarm 253 is system alarm and not coming from PLC, utleast I cant find it. IT does exist but, no description. What is happening next ( I think ), that SKIP input goes directly into fast processing block of hardware or software where machine calculates tool size, by interrupting CPU and quickly taking data from servo position. That input X17D just activates the buzzer in PLC, whole SKIP routine is somewhere else, maybe NC control or some other place.

What you can do, after you check DIAGNOSTIC screen for proxy feedback, make sure you have right data in REGISTERS R2390... R2399 ( better give us these numbers , so I can see if they make any sense)

The other thing, I think... I might be wrong.. that somewhere exist a number inside NC and NC knows safe distance to travel after first PROXY ( DECEL) was activated (that could be the way Alarm 253 is activated)

. The easiest way to troubleshoot it is just to change Y-axis position of tool setter so spindle will go above tool setter , and see what happens next. Never done it myself, just the idea.

That SKIP routine is fast processing module and it is hidden somewhere in NC control, only Mitsubishi people
    can give us more less reasonable explanation of it.

But my advise to you, is to make a friend in your area, someone who serves MAzaks and maybe he can help you to boost you diagnostic skills.

p.s . but check diagnostic page for inputs for a start, I did have a story when digital input failed. All was ok, all proxy were nice clean and working, just digital I/O board was failing little by little.
    Last edited by noname777; 02-21-2019 at 04:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes finding someone close by that I can learn how to read the ladder etc would be great but not likely to happen lol. I will see how I go in the next few days. I have another hydraulic leak to fix first

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

maybe one day I visit your amazing state to share divine knowledge about ladder diagram

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

maybe one day I visit your amazing state to share divine knowledge about ladder diagram
    You would be most welcome. And I would share beer lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well got back into the original problem today after doing hydro leaks on the table. I finally found the problem. After doing a continuity test and not having any I ended up taking tool setter off completely to trace the wires. Then had to remove the way cover on the other end and found another junction box. Tested again still no continuity so pulled loom apart and there were some plugs so tested to there and had continuity. Ok now we are getting close. Checked from plug to junction box. No continuity. Tugged on the wire where it came through the box and the signal wire fell out. Replacing both the deceleration and skip cables so the only join is inside the tool setter and hopefully fixed. Will keep you informed. At least I got a few things fixed while chasing this problem so not all a waste of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well the toolsetter all works as it should now. Now the tool changer has gone out in sympathy. Will have a look at that today.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well the toolsetter all works as it should now. Now the tool changer has gone out in sympathy. Will have a look at that today.
    Well ..at least you are having fun )) haha... guess what I am doing now? Reading a book : Paul Kelly THE END OF CERTAINTY. Very depressive stuff about Aus politics in 1980s .LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well ..at least you are having fun )) haha... guess what I am doing now? Reading a book : Paul Kelly THE END OF CERTAINTY. Very depressive stuff about Aus politics in 1980s .LOL
    Yes it's keeping me occupied. Australian politics is very depressive at the best of times with the idiots we have ruining the country but getting off the important subject lol

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes it's keeping me occupied. Australian politics is very depressive at the best of times with the idiots we have ruining the country but getting off the important subject lol
    it is very important to learn the history to see when Australia was sidetracked to be where it is right now. I cant emphasize enough the fact that people in general, in here , not interested it the past. Probably , that is why book of George Orwell 1984 is so expensive at Dymocks .. to make it an affordable for most guys )) did I just say again conspiracy? LOL