What's new
What's new

Alarm 398 Conveyor Overload "Off"

rmedlin

Plastic
Hi All,

Does Anyone know how to reset this alarm on a Mazak VCN-510C-II? Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Take a look at electric circuit diagram of Your machine and find which magnetic contactor is used for conveyor (chip conveyor- right?). Then open an electrical box where all electronic/panels/relays are located and search for that magnetic contactor. It has an overload relay with current setting dial and reset button. Press it and everything should return to normal state.

in a googled pic i found
the only reversing contactor i see is right next to the control rack on top row in control cabinet
one device hooked to the top of two devices
the black thing is the reset

maybe

As others have said should be in the main cabinet. You're looking for black relays with blue buttons I believe. Should say KM and some numbers. Make sure no jams in conveyors and/or augers and press a few of them. Probably not right to just press them at random but I've done it a bunch of times.

rmedlin, well, I just wonder, how it's related to the rollers of such conveyors. And well, if it's all about rollers themselves, I would recommend you to check out specialized resources like with these gravity rollers which we've been getting for some of our conveyors, when we had some issues with them.

When my QT250 throws this alarm, I have to loosen the motor mount up on the conveyor to allow the chain to free itself. Then I can simply re-tighten the mounts back down and hit reset.

Back