What's new
What's new

For anyone that wants to put a probe setup on their Mazak 640M control

xtcustoms

Plastic
I purchased a 2002 VTC-200C several months ago, its an awesome machine for a price i couldnt pass up. The only downer is the machine did not have a probe in it. Mazak quoted me at 15k to install one and renishaw 11K. Ridiculous for the age of the machine and and how much i paid for it. I installed a brand new probe setup for 10% of what i was quoted.

I called mazak, renishaw, and mitsubishi for help on how to install a probe. all three sources couldnt help me even when i presented the laughable question "what would you do if i hired you to install a probe", silence.LMAO

enough back story. I know how to do this...I have it working on the mazatrol size of the control. I could run it on the eia side if i purchased inspection plus from renishaw. I had to buy a large number of the connectors and pins to make the cables up, I figured out the control side of it to make it work. There is a surplus of renishaw gear to be had on ebay for good prices. I have less than $1500 invested in my brand new MP700 system with a OMI receiver.

You will need a Renishaw MI12 or OMI reciever and a probe to match it (MP700 ETC)

PM me if you need help. I have extra connectors and schematics available.

I will also be installing a 4th axis on this machine. I have all the required parts except for the cables i need to make up.

are you interested in installing renishaw MP27R tool setters? I know how to do it. PM me if interested.

I too am in the middle of installing a probe setup and 1/4 axis on a 1986 vqc 2050b it's my garage machine just for fun but I wanted to have all those options so I'm not limited to any kind of manufacturing on a mill have any part I want to make for my motorcycle or truck this weekend I will go diving into the electrical schematic book trying to figure out what I got to wire up and where to get these two options working so I might have some questions for you I have a renishaw and mi 12 box and OMM infrared receiver, and an M P3 probe I also have a TR 41 Drive for the 4th axis

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I know the machine is a dinosaur but its in really good shape. X has a little whine to it but y and z and the spindle are smooth and silent running.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back