What's new
What's new

B axis alignment and loose part

da_Rayman

Plastic
I got an Integrex 400Y (2001) with fusion 640MT. Discovered that the B axis is off by about 0.16 degrees. I have read about people adjusting it both mechanically and in the controller but not how. (read a description somewhere but it must have been for a newer controller since mine only ha 1 MF and 1 machine button, and didn't find it in the menus what they wrote)

No idea of the machines history.

Between the spindle head and the X axis saddle (or whatever it's called) there is a ring. It has a marking to it and a marking on the spindle head. I can move that ring by hand more then a millimeter no matter if the B axis is clamped or not.

If i go to lock the B axis in either the horizontal or vertical position and it moves to either of those positions in a counter clockwise direction it sounds just normal but if i go to either of those positions in a clockwise movement, it makes an extra sound and i can see the ring move just a little bit (less than a millimeter). It is also visible that the B axis rotates a little bit when i clamp it and it makes that extra sound.

Anyone got any idea?

Attachments

• 2019-03-26 16.45.42.jpg
    2019-03-26 16.45.42.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 175
you could have mechanical issues too but many horizontal mill rotary tables have a grid shift procedure so rotary table B axis center of index and setting the B0 rotary position is electronically done by adjusting grid shift parameters.
literally i check grid shift between every pallet or table change ( 2 or 3 times a day) to sometimes as long as week goes by.
how its done on a mazak i do not know. often it would be in the maintenance manuals not the operator manuals. since it often involves spindle alignment i use a test bar that goes in the spindle and i average the test bar runout as all spindles develop runout as they get older.

Ok i have adjusted grid shift before i think. I adjusted the BS13 parameter when my Y axis was a little bit off. I would guess it is the same page in the machine parameters for the B axis but still BS13?

Back