What's new
What's new

Bar pulling

scotthey

Plastic
I have a spring loaded bar puller that I use in other machines that I would like to use in my Super quick turn with a T32-3 control. I am currently having a problem with the machine not opening the chuck when I tell it to do so with an M6. Every time it gets to that code it sits there until it finally times out. I'm not sure if there's something wrong with my code or if it could be something with the machine...parameter perhaps? I've been a G-code programmer my whole life so Mazak eludes me most days.

My code is as follows:

M5, M9,
G0 X4.5 Z0
G1 X0 F100.
M6
Z5.0
M7
G0 x4.5
Z10

Thank you for your input.

Parameter R49 bit 1 needs to be on. If it is turned off the m6 and 7 are disabled and the machine will sit there and look at you funny.
Hope that helps.

Well, I just went in and tried to change it and messed it up without writing down what it was originally. (Didn't really think it would allow me to change it without some sort of confirmation.)

On parameter R49 I now have 10000000 which doesn't work.

Could you please tell me what it should be?

Thank you

that is bit 7 turned on and the rest turned off.

try, 00001011

basically that paramter is in this order 76543210
so that is bit's 013 all on which are:

0 = chuck stroke confirmation use ( two switches on your chuck cylinder if you don't ever set thes make it a 0 so you will use a timer instead. )

1 = Automatic chuck ( M6 and M7 ) which you need to be a 1

3 = foot switch inching or alternate. when set to 1 it means your chuck opens or closes fully with one press, when set to 0 it means when you press the footswitch the chuck opens and when you release it clamps.

basically in 90 percent of cases that parameter will be set to 00001011

I should mention that the reason it lets you modify R parameters is it is considered a User Parameter. Always write down what you are changing though as sometimes the translations aren't always clear on what those functiosn are.

Mazak used to charge like $800 for "Auto chuck open/close". Crooked bastards! The parameter is documented in the electrical manuals.

R49 is set to 00001011 and I have also tried 00001010. After it goes into position and hits the M6 the machine gives me an error of "282 - Chuck clamp exceed time".

I take it the chuck is working normally with the foot pedal though? I'll have a quick peek at the T32 down the back and see if there is anything else modified.

O.K. basically on the older machine it appears that automatic chuck with m6, m7 is option and has a differetn PLC in there. Newer machines it's a matter of turning on the r49 bit 1 parameter... I don't think there is much you are going to be able to do.

Back