Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaszub View Post
    Thats only early-mid 80's, still plenty of machines from 70's still going.

BTW I always thought that reform was only for threading cycle....at least on T-Plus control.
    On Tplus you are correct, but the T1 is a completely different beast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My machine is an 81 i think. QT10 universal with square turrett. Still runs good. Spent most its life in a trade school until i bought it a couple years ago so almost no wear on the machine even though its older then i am.

So i've been reading manual about reform and it looks like i hit reform, enter work number, then enter process number and hit cycle start? Does this sound right? When i hit Reform on my machine it doesnt ask me for anything.

I did have to reload parameters, could there be a wrong parameter blocking reform function?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mmurray70 View Post
    My machine is an 81 i think. QT10 universal with square turrett. Still runs good. Spent most its life in a trade school until i bought it a couple years ago so almost no wear on the machine even though its older then i am.

So i've been reading manual about reform and it looks like i hit reform, enter work number, then enter process number and hit cycle start? Does this sound right? When i hit Reform on my machine it doesnt ask me for anything.

I did have to reload parameters, could there be a wrong parameter blocking reform function?
    Yes that is correct. Can you restart it in Auto? Is the red light lit on the reform key when you depress it? Our T1 is on an '84 QT-20 universal. Not sure if that is controlled by a parameter or if its just hardwired into the control.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kevin66 View Post
    Yes that is correct. Can you restart it in Auto? Is the red light lit on the reform key when you depress it? Our T1 is on an '84 QT-20 universal. Not sure if that is controlled by a parameter or if its just hardwired into the control.
    Ok I got it to work! I thought it would prompt me for work no or i could simply type number after hitting reform key but i missed a step. I had to hit Reform, then the "work no" soft key, then enter work no and input, then it asked me for process number so i enter it and input and then cycle start.

So looks like this just runs a finish pass of a single operation. Is there a way to restart on a tool and have the program continue through everything else?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ok I got it to work! I thought it would prompt me for work no or i could simply type number after hitting reform key but i missed a step. I had to hit Reform, then the "work no" soft key, then enter work no and input, then it asked me for process number so i enter it and input and then cycle start.

So looks like this just runs a finish pass of a single operation. Is there a way to restart on a tool and have the program continue through everything else?
    Great. see post #18 on this thread to restart program. Basically same as reform but you use Auto instaed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Great. see post #18 on this thread to restart program. Basically same as reform but you use Auto instaed.
    Doesnt seem to be working the same way with Auto. Doesnt prompt me for the process nuumber. Just loads work number you enter and starts from beginning. The only thing that asks for process number is reform.

Tried hitting reform, enter work number, enter process number and switch to auto before hitting input and this shows proper process number while in auto, but it still starts from beginning.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Doesnt seem to be working the same way with Auto. Doesnt prompt me for the process nuumber. Just loads work number you enter and starts from beginning. The only thing that asks for process number is reform.

Tried hitting reform, enter work number, enter process number and switch to auto before hitting input and this shows proper process number while in auto, but it still starts from beginning.
    Fired the old T1 up this morning to see. For whatever reason I can restart anywhere I want to on it. From command screen press Auto, work number(input) and select process number (input)and it starts from there when you press cycle start. I dont know if because we have a newer control (1984) they had updated it from the era yours is from or if its just a parameter that is/isn't turned on but restart has always worked for us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fired the old T1 up this morning to see. For whatever reason I can restart anywhere I want to on it. From command screen press Auto, work number(input) and select process number (input)and it starts from there when you press cycle start. I dont know if because we have a newer control (1984) they had updated it from the era yours is from or if its just a parameter that is/isn't turned on but restart has always worked for us.
    Thanks for checking for me. I just double checked the exact sequence you said and no prompt for process number. You wouldnt happen to have a backup of your parameters you could post would you? I bet it is a parameter, but it could be something updated in the following years as well like you said.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for checking for me. I just double checked the exact sequence you said and no prompt for process number. You wouldnt happen to have a backup of your parameters you could post would you? I bet it is a parameter, but it could be something updated in the following years as well like you said.
    Message me your email and I will send you what I have as far as what I have for parameters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Message me your email and I will send you what I have as far as what I have for parameters.
    sent... Thank you!

Country
    MEXICO
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You can sell me a copy of the parameter manual for the mazatrol T plus. please

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i cant find mazatrol t plus parameters list .
    Can I get it from you?