What's new
What's new

Can user control where the tool change happens on T plus control?

IronReb

Stainless
1995 Mazak HP20 with T plus control

How does the control set tool change position, based off longest tool sticking out of turret?

Can I control where it does tool change?
Can I set it to approach in Z first then X and retract X first then Z?

I haven't used the TS yet (waiting on parts) but it concerns me the way the tool approaches and retracts, scared as hell I am gonna smack the TS.
Guessing this is taken care of in the setup page with the TS options/barriers?

You welcome!

Ohh by the way you can change P17 parameter without having to turn off/on your control.

You should get yourself full set of manuals in PDF format. I only have a printed version that came with my SQT.

hi
can anyone help me with mazak T2
i'm new at this machine so here is my problem
if i have outside turning and after that inside turning in program.
after my program is done and i have to run one more time inside turning for measuring corection how can i do it without starting program from the start.
so just start program from inside turning..
thanx

Or if you want to get pickier, you can write a Mazatrol manual unit and have each tool turret index at different coordinates.

Not sure on T2 but on T plus there is a button next to AUTO it is called "SINGLE PROCESS" you hit that and enter process # and hit Start.
Very useful for re-cut op's.

We also dont have a T2 control but on our T1 we use Reform to run the finish pass again. Press reform and enter the work number and then it will prompt you to enter the process number and press cycle start. Reform works on threads also to just take the last pass.

didnt quite understand this...can you eksplain this
Select restart. It will then ask if you want to restart a roughing unit or a finish unit. Enter your choice. Then it will ask for the unit # you wish to restart. Enter your choice. Then hit cycle start. If you just want to run a single unit, choose single process, rather than restart. Reform is for running the last pass on a threading unit.

So does the T2 have SINGLE PROCESS button or it does not?
With re-start you will run bunch of tools to the end of your program unless.

T-PLus-SINGLE-PROCESS_button.jpg

T-PLus-SINGLE-PROCESS_screen.jpg

how do you want me to explain....? i dont think there is a simpler way of doing it then what i just said above.

Another Mazatrol rookie here also having some issues restarting a program with a T1 QT10 universal. If i press single process or reform it does nothing and prompts me for nothing. If I hit cycle start while in reform i get an alarm, if i cycle start while in single process the program runs same as auto but stops after each process.

I cant select a process number to restart anywhere. Tried highlighting process number in program page and starting from there and this doesnt work either. Whats the secret? Must be some way of restarting a program on this machine?

Another Mazatrol rookie here also having some issues restarting a program with a T1 QT10 universal. If i press single process or reform it does nothing and prompts me for nothing. If I hit cycle start while in reform i get an alarm, if i cycle start while in single process the program runs same as auto but stops after each process.

I cant select a process number to restart anywhere. Tried highlighting process number in program page and starting from there and this doesnt work either. Whats the secret? Must be some way of restarting a program on this machine?

From the pos/command screen press the left menu key named work number after selecting (single,auto,reform). Input your program number desired then it will prompt you for a process number. If your in Auto it will restrt from that location. If in reform it will do finish pass only. Coolant will not come on in a restart unless you add an M code line midprogram and start from there.

Incredible that there are still functioning T-1's out there.

Thats only early-mid 80's, still plenty of machines from 70's still going.

BTW I always thought that reform was only for threading cycle....at least on T-Plus control.

Back