What's new
What's new

Chuck open/close switch

Captdave

Titanium
After years of looking at this thing not properly aligned, I tried to remove the switch to get to the nut that holds the switch to loosen it but can't get the switch apart.

The white plastic U clip shown in the pic is removed but the body won't release. Before I break the stupid thing is there any thing else holding it?

I know I'm being anal but that's just the way I am.:D

Mazak switch.jpg

Dave, most of the control panel switches usually mount with a knurled, threaded nut....loosened from the operator side of the panel.

Oh, don't get me started about being anal retentive....:nutter:

It has a knurled plastic nut on the inside of the panel but with the size of the switch I can't get to the nut without removing the switch.

if there is a white bar on the operator, pry it out, this will release operator so nut can come off

ps

it will probly break

sorry

if there is a white bar on the operator, pry it out

I got the white plastic U clip off (in one piece) the switch but it doesn't want to release and didn't want to pry on the switch. I'll look at it again in a bit.

if there is a white bar on the operator, pry it out, this will release operator so nut can come off

ps

it will probly break

sorry
Listen to Wippin Boy on this one. :)

If the switch breaks, do you have a new one to replace it? Let the OCD slide until you have a spare switch on hand. It would suck to have your machine go down due to a broken switch when it was working fine before you messed with it.

Let the OCD slide until you have a spare switch on hand. It would suck to have your machine go down due to a broken switch when it was working fine before you messed with it.

Couldn't agree more. That's why I didn't force or pry on anything. I've looked at it like that for 5 years, whats 5 more:crazy:

yup
thats it
the little white bar pops up about an 1/8 of an inch whichs lets the operator come off
if you get along side of it with a razor works
do not try to get it out, just up a bit
it works like car door panal hardware

Dave,I believe wippin is talking about the white bar on the front of the switch. Operator=the part you turn to open/close chuck.

Last edited:
Dave, does your QT8 not have a foot pedal to open and close the chuck?

A CNC lathe that does not have a foot pedal to actuate the chuck? :ack2: I would feel absolutely crippled without a foot pedal. Adding a chuck foot pedal would be the first thing I would have installed and left the finger switch alone.

Glad you got it fixed without any issues though. :)

Back