What's new
What's new

Control freezes during sub spindle transfer problem

Dave Cross

Titanium
I am having an intermittent problem with my T32-3 control when transferring a part from the main spindle to the sub. The sub moves to the designated B position, and then the machine just stops. Both spindles are still turning, and no alarm generates, pressing cycle start or feed hold does nothing.

To fix this I press reset, and then "restart" the transfer process, and everything works fine after that. This was happening quite infrequently early this week, maybe once or twice per day, and now it is happening 10+ times per day.

Any suggestions?

Unfortunately the machine is booked 18hrs a day for the next few weeks, so I can't really get in there to fix things right now. I did take out the spindle rotation during the transfer, as I thought that there could be a chuck clamping condition problem, sure enough it ran 18hrs yesterday without a hitch. I will pull off the sub covers in a few weeks and I'm sure a sensor is just a bit out of condition :)

Me too

I am having an intermittent problem with my T32-3 control when transferring a part from the main spindle to the sub. The sub moves to the designated B position, and then the machine just stops. Both spindles are still turning, and no alarm generates, pressing cycle start or feed hold does nothing.

To fix this I press reset, and then "restart" the transfer process, and everything works fine after that. This was happening quite infrequently early this week, maybe once or twice per day, and now it is happening 10+ times per day.

Any suggestions?

My machine is starting to do this exact thing on an sqt10ms with the same control. Has anyone solved this problem before?

My machine is starting to do this exact thing on an sqt10ms with the same control. Has anyone solved this problem before?

lets assume everything is ok, what would be the next step? Like ....main spindle and sub spindle speed synchronization?

can u explain step by step in case there is no problem at all, like sub moves to the transfer position, then what? speed synchronization? then what? spindles stop. sub unchuck, moves towards main spindle to the collect position. Sub chuck. Main unchuck.. and so on....

at what exactly step machine PAUSE stops that is what is bothering Mazatrol control or PLC

Back