What's new
What's new

Lower turret moving when trying to use as tailstock with live center

northernmach

Aluminum
I have a Mazak HQR with dual spindle upper and lower turret. I am trying to use the lower turret with a spring loaded center in one of the tool positions. We do this all the time on Mazak integrex and don't run into this problem.

After positioning the center into the part, and the next unit is called to turn using the upper head, the lower turret wants to make a movement in X which I am assuming is actually going to machine home position. This does not happen on our integrex machines and it seems that there may need to be a parameter change or another M code that must be used to stop the movement. I would actually prefer to stop all lower turret movement with an M code if one exists so that there is not a situation that comes up which under normal Mazatrol operation makes it force to home position, example single process running, which has happened on our integrex. After the single process has run it sends both turrets back to home, and as you can imagine is not good for the part or live center.

Thanks for any ideas!

Chad

If you can't make it stand still in any other way: Maybe you could program it to creep VERY slowly forward. So slow that you don't use up all the movement in your springloaded center. Or indeed very slowly back and forth using a few mm of movement total. Just an idea if everything else fails.

Back