What's new
What's new

Cyber Production Center (CPC)

Manifold_Man

Plastic
Hello everyone,

I'm just new to the site. Wondering if anyone is using Mazak's CPC software for monitoring machines?

I'm currently using the Tool Management module in combination with data carrier pull studs to preset all my tools offline.

I would like to add the Cyber Monitor module to be able to monitor the machines and be alerted via email/sms if any alarms are thrown due to the amount of time I am relying on "lights out" run time.....

Does anyone have any exposure to this?

Is there any 3rd party software that anyone would recommend that perform better?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

I do not have any experience with it, but I inquired with Mazak about the cyberfactory monitoring software aslo. During that inquiry, I was given a couple of ideas that may fit your task. One is a new an upcoming thing that machine builders are now incorporating. It is MTconnect, with a lot of 3rd party sofware. Mazak is supporting this option and even have it standard on some of their new equipment. Do a search for "Mazak MTConnect" for more info.

Another option you might consider is connect your machine to the internet (make sure it is secured connection) and use PC anywhere to be able to monitor/control the machine. I do not have any experience with it, but was given this as an idea.

I have 17 machines hooked up to the Cyber Monitoring system.
13 Mazak machines, mills and lathes and 4 Fanuc mills.
I've used the Cyber Monitoring system for about 5 years.
It works well.
If you are using the tool management software, you should give the cyber monitor a try.
You should be able to try the software out for 30 days before you buy...
I would recommend it over other monitoring systems like MT connect, etc..

Attachments

• VCN510-2-E.jpg
    VCN510-2-E.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 704
  • VCN510-2-RG.jpg
    VCN510-2-RG.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,134
One of the best things the Cyber Monitoring system can do is give you live screen captures of the Mazak machines.
I haven't seen any other software that can do that.
It also has alarm history, program running history and more.
It can send out emails for different alarm states.
If the email capability is important you'll want to make sure it works with your companies email server.
Mazak won't be able to give you a lot of help.
They are mainly in the business of selling machines not software.

Attachments

• VCN510-SC.jpg
    VCN510-SC.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 778
  • VCN510-Alarms.jpg
    VCN510-Alarms.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 576
Thanks for the info Okie and Rogue!

I'm going to go down the Cyber Monitor route and see if I can get a free trial just to make sure everything will work together.....

If I run into any troubles would you mind if I messaged you Rogue?

Cheers.

Well.....

I've contacted my local Mazak and they are not willing to provide me with a trial of the monitoring module of CPC....Makes me a little weary of putting out the $6000.00 :confused:
Rogue do you know how the software interfaces with email?
We have some pretty tight security protocols here that I have to abide by.

Hi,
This is Aditya from General Electric, India. I know this is an old post but I am taking a chance hoping that I may get a reply from you.

I am currently trying to install the CPC system and connect 3 machines to it.
I have been working with the local Mazak teams but am not able to get much help.
Is it possible to connect with you and get some of my doubts clarified. Currently I can get the data on the CPC screen, but when I try to create a graph, I get an error saying that the Data Path could not be found. I have been stuck at this poinst for almost a week.

Thanks
Aditya Venkatramanan

Back