What's new
What's new

cycle start by-pass ?

reedeprintice

Stainless
I have been a bit curious what the last owner was doing with this , the cycle start button has wires going to this plug , maybe a remote lock ? Anyone see this before ?

Attachments

• maz.jpg
    maz.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 147
  • maz1.jpg
    maz1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 138
  • maz3.jpg
    maz3.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 138
The wires appear like they are splicing in parallel to the OEM switch. This would then seem to be a remote cycle start switch on a pendant to get closer to the work when hitting the go button.

The wires appear like they are splicing in parallel to the OEM switch. This would then seem to be a remote cycle start switch on a pendant to get closer to the work when hitting the go button.

Might also be the other way around... If a guy wanted some other piece of accessory equipment to start and stop with the the machining process, he might try to wire it in this way. An M-Code would make more sense for that in most situations, but my point is that it could have been used as an output rather than an input.

Heck, it could just be for a light tower so a fella can monitor the machine from the other side of the shop.

Long time ago - we had a foot pedal actuating a clamp. The foot pedal was wired to the cycle start (through a delay timer) so that the machine would take off when the timer finished, after the foot pedal was released. Kept the cycle start button clean, but once in while it would take off before we were ready.

I was kinda thinking it could be like phil was talking about , its just a little odd, the machine also has some added stuff like larger port plug for monitoring remotely.

Back