What's new
What's new

Difference between program zero point and reference workpiece zero point

M K

Cast Iron
I’m brand new to mazatrol and have a Hyundai quick turn 15n with a T32B control

I’m reading the manuals and understand 85% of it so far but I’m getting lost with what the “reference workpiece zero point” is???

Program zero point is fine being the end of the stock that you touch your tool 1 off of to set zero, but why is there a “Z-Offset” to the reference workpiece zero point ? What’s that all about

Thanks
Marc

Reference workpiece zero refers to the distance your PART zero is from the MACHINE ZERO point (HOME).
Program you part from it's own zero point. As you move parts around on your table you just need to update the workpiece zero to the new location.

Hi James

Thanks for the reply

I’m still not getting it though! So if I zero my work piece at the start of every program then when why do I need the other zero point in between my work zero and machine zero?

Thanks
Marc

Ok, so i think i was reading more into in than there is and misunderstood the diagram in the manual!

I was reading it like there was 3 positions that are referenced

A work point zero (the face of your part that you touch off tool 1 with at start of program)

An Z offset zero point

Machine home position zero point

So am i correct in thinking there is only 2 points, workpiece z zero and machine home z zero and the z offset is the distance between them 2 points?

Thanks
Marc

91B6FAF6-02F2-46E2-822A-F40F920E3DB7.jpg

This set up page doesn’t make it that clear that the offset is to the home position zero point,

So is the z offset automatically set when you touch off tool 1 to the end of your workpiece

Thanks for the reply’s

You can use any tool to teach the program offset, as long as it has been measured with the tool eye. Go to your set up page ( be sure you are on the right program) and bring the tool to the face of your part. Navigate to the Z offset field, push the teach button, and then enter. The increment input button on the set up page will allow you to change the program offset incrementally. If you want to move the face of the part closer to chuck, just highlight increment input and then the value by which you want to move the face of the part, using a minus sigh. A non-minus value will move the face of the part farther away from the chuck.

Back