What's new
What's new

Double turn holder that uses Y Axis

Slothgsr

Aluminum
QT250 MSY Smooth G.

Anyone have one of these Double holders? It holds 4 1" tools, 2 for front and 2 for back and you have to use the Y offset to get them on center. We just picked one up and I'm messing with trying to touch off tools, first thing. Mazak won't let me measure to the probe if Y is not on 0. Then when I manually touched off and Teach X at what it cut, Its way off when it runs program. Then next issue. After it turns the part, It goes back to Y0 before moving away from part. I took the tool out and set it aside. I plan to call mazak apps tomorrow to figure it out but had to get the job running. I would love to utilize this tool. I'm just curious if anyone has any experience with this. Seems my only option would be to EIA program it.

You should be able to hold the MF1 button down and move the Y axis off zero to do the measure. You will probably have to continue to hold it until you complete the measurement. If that doesn't work for some reason you may need a software/PLC update.

I put the Y axis shift amount in the Y wear column and the machine should move it to the right spot.

I would also set parameter SU157 bit 6 = 1. This will move the turret back to Y home before the tool change so it can rotate.

You can definitely use it in mazatrol, the machine should move to the shifted Y position. If for some reason it wasn't positioning right, I would make a manual unit right before to position it to the new "Y0" for that tool right before the cutting unit.

I have played around a bit with some older 4 axis Mazak controls and have not been able to get it to turn unless at Y zero, except using Mazatrol manual. Is there a way to make this work in Mazatrol? As mentioned, older controllers, 640T Nexus, T Plus, et. al. Maybe I should ask this in a separate thread.

Thanks for the reply, I will give the MF1 button a try soon as i'm done running this job. SU157 B6 is at 1 already. I believe this is why it would go to Y0 soon as it finished turning. I'm not sure if it will crash that way or not, I ran it away from part. I would like it to go home. Then Y0. which I think SU157B6 at a 0 will do. I will update when i figure it out. Thank you.

Thanks for the reply, I will give the MF1 button a try soon as i'm done running this job. SU157 B6 is at 1 already. I believe this is why it would go to Y0 soon as it finished turning. I'm not sure if it will crash that way or not, I ran it away from part. I would like it to go home. Then Y0. which I think SU157B6 at a 0 will do. I will update when i figure it out. Thank you.

Another option is to set a manual escape position in TPC to give it an intermediate point before going home.

Back