Emergency stop. (with photos and videos) - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 53 of 53
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Westside of America.
    Posts
    3,291
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    682
    Likes (Received)
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChatJokey View Post
    hmm.. if it can be hidden, now im not shure. can you detailed explain to me where it could be?
    I'm not sure where the X axis bracket would be on a Variaxis 630. On the 500, you can't even see it without a mirror and a flashlight. It was mounted between the Z axis ram and the base casting, inside of the machining area. You probably don't have this bracket, because your Z and Y are moving freely - but it could give you an idea about how "hidden" they can be.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    10

    Default

    There are 2 lockdown for the the X axis for the VRX, One on by the Magazine side
    img_0422.jpg
    The other one is on the Electrical cabin side
    img_0421.jpg
    Here is the rest of it in case u forgot them
    img_0420.jpgimg_0423.jpgimg_0424.jpg

  3. #43
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    10

    Default

    img_0428.jpgimg_0430.jpg

  4. #44
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    10

    Default

    lockdown.jpg
    lock-down.jpg

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    hmm.. there is no brackets. I checked it.

    I attached some photos.
    I colored with a red - slides, that is free from brcakets and other things, with an green i marked, that there is nothing to prevent moving, and with blue - I guess that this is wires on hydraulic brakes (am i right?)

    [spoiler]



















    [/spoiler]

    Now the most interesting thing. When i have made machine running, I can move The turret 3 mm X-axis. There was indication on the screen, and it was actualy moving.
    Then I pushed it several times to more than 3 mm. There was servo warning alarm, and when i pushed further, the machine turned off like it is gone to the limit.

    The result is that at the present time I can move it approx 8.5 mm X-axis, and it has a load all the way. I have filmed a video of this. You can see, that first im moving to the x -7.5 and there is load about 50 all the way, when I'm pushing to ~-7.5, the load is going to red and there is blue servo alarm.
    Then i go back to the +0.9 and there is load all the way, when im pushing to the 0.9, load goes to the red, and there is servo overload blue alarm.


  6. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Westside of America.
    Posts
    3,291
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    682
    Likes (Received)
    909

    Default

    Still looks and sounds exactly like you've got a shipping bracket somewhere you're not seeing. It could be anywhere along the x axis carriage, not just along the ways. I suppose it's possible there is some electrical gremlin that's causing this, but I couldn't even hazard a guess at what it would be.

    Don't worry about the lines marked in blue. Those are your coolant hoses for the core cooled ballscrews.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe788 View Post
    Still looks and sounds exactly like you've got a shipping bracket somewhere you're not seeing. It could be anywhere along the x axis carriage, not just along the ways. I suppose it's possible there is some electrical gremlin that's causing this, but I couldn't even hazard a guess at what it would be.

    Don't worry about the lines marked in blue. Those are your coolant hoses for the core cooled ballscrews.
    Do you know, if it has brakes on this axis?

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Westside of America.
    Posts
    3,291
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    682
    Likes (Received)
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChatJokey View Post
    Do you know, if it has brakes on this axis?
    I wouldn't think so. I could move the X and Y ballscrews on mine by hand when the machine was powered off. That's actually how I ended up finding the bracket. I was quite sure I had removed them all, but the X and Y would still only move a tiny bit turning the ballscrew by hand. You said the Y and Z move fine though, right?

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe788 View Post
    I wouldn't think so. I could move the X and Y ballscrews on mine by hand when the machine was powered off. That's actually how I ended up finding the bracket. I was quite sure I had removed them all, but the X and Y would still only move a tiny bit turning the ballscrew by hand. You said the Y and Z move fine though, right?
    yep. y and z movung without load at full length

  10. #50
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    10

    Default

    What alarm number for the blue alarm 72? It could be your X axis motor might be bad. The way you can check turn off the machine take the X axis motor off and move the X axis manually. by rotate the ball screw. But give me the alarm number first for the blue alarm.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan0218 View Post
    What alarm number for the blue alarm 72? It could be your X axis motor might be bad. The way you can check turn off the machine take the X axis motor off and move the X axis manually. by rotate the ball screw. But give me the alarm number first for the blue alarm.
    In video you can see it. When load is about 120, there is 72 alarm "servo warning".

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Southeastern US
    Posts
    6,401
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    845
    Likes (Received)
    2806

    Default

    If there is a brake on X axis, it will be in the housing on the ballscrew end past where the coolant is fed through the ballscrew. They are _not_ integral to the motor and they are placed ahead of the motor/axis coupling so that the axis doesn't move when the motor is removed. There will be a cable with 2 wires going to it. (Looks like that might be the case with one of your pictures above.) If it has a brake, these will stick on occasion from our experience, especially if the machine has sat for any amount of time as coolant dries out and becomes gummy.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    forgot to tell you guys, that it is solved.

    The reason was rust on the sliders!
    First I rotated ballscrew by hand, back and forth carefully. Then i rotated one way and it goes, but very hard, and after a half an hour i got an arms like popeye sailor has. Then I switch on machine and it goes in jog mode full length. Then the sliders were cleaned up, and now it easily goes without load.

    Thanx for helping to all. Can be closed.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •