What's new
What's new

Engraving

Biggs

Plastic
Alright we get allot of stuff that has to be engraved all flat we run mostly mazaks with a few haas and we just usually throw it in the haas that has the engraving code but it would be nice to be able to generate a program at the machine on the mazaks g code or mazatrol i dont care or if anybody can tell me anything please it would be much appreciated thanks

Engraving software for mills works also for lathe

Hi Biggs.

I just had the basic Mazatrol programming for our 250-II MSY and the Mazak guy mentioned that there is an engraving software that is designed for Milling machines but with a couple of changes also works on Turning machines.

The software is in G-code and pretty easy to use.
(I do have the CD at home and could send you the file if you provide me with an email address)

I HAVEN'T TRIED IT MYSELF YET.
SO NO GUARANTEE THAT IT WILL WORK.

Run the engraving software!
Save the file!
Edit the file with the windows text editor.

(1) T1616 (Toolchange - if you use the engraving tool in turret 3 you want it to be T0303)

(2) G90

(3) M200 (lock the C-axis)

(4) M203 S1000 (203 is Live tooling / S1000 is spindle on cw)

(5) G18 (XZ plane)

At the end you want M30 (to finish the program)

Or M99 (To run it as a sub-program in your mazatrol program)

Replace all letters A with a C !!!!!

Save the file and load it.

I hope this helps you out.

Hi Biggs.
I just had the basic Mazatrol programming for our 250-II MSY and the Mazak guy mentioned that there is an engraving software that is designed for Milling machines but with a couple of changes also works on Turning machines.

The software is in G-code and pretty easy to use.
(I do have the CD at home and could send you the file if you provide me with an email address)

Hi,
I was wondering could I also get you to mail it to me also please, if you wouldn't mind. [email protected]

Thanks,
Mark.

Thanks very much HeikoS.
Will give that a shot at the first available opportunity.

Mark.

Mazak Lathe Engraving

Alright we get allot of stuff that has to be engraved all flat we run mostly mazaks with a few haas and we just usually throw it in the haas that has the engraving code but it would be nice to be able to generate a program at the machine on the mazaks g code or mazatrol i dont care or if anybody can tell me anything please it would be much appreciated thanks

Hi Biggs just read your post from 2012 , I find myself needing engraving advise , did the info you received work on your engraving problem if it did can you help me please
Nigel

Back