What's new
What's new

Feeding up to a shoulder - T32-3

gmc1724

Aluminum
Sorry for the vague title, I'm having trouble when trying to turn up to a shoulder, the machine seems to "look-ahead" and produces a larger radius than that of the tool radius, if I slow the feed rate right down it's vastly improved. Is there a parameter setting to ensure exact positioning is met before the next move is triggered?

Hi, the tool geometry is fine, as I said if I feed very slowly up to the shoulder the corner looks normal (0.4mm rad). I'm using a type 0 roughing cycle with 0.1mm finishing allowance on z. It seems like the x axis is starting to move before the z position has been reached, in single block the corner is normal. This only really shows up when running small parts at high rpm and hence high feedrate.

if I slow the feed rate right down it's vastly improved. Is there a parameter setting to ensure exact positioning is met before the next move is triggered?

I don't know of a parameter to ensure exact stop positioning. However, you can simply add another straight linear line to the end of the OD segment that is only .005" long or so and then change the finish feedrate on that line segment to force the machine to slow down before it pulls out in X for the next segment.

On a t-32B controller, parameter P1 bit 0=1 will disable acceleration during up cutting in a bar out rough cutting cycle. It does not mention finish cutting. parameter P1 bit 0=0 will double the feedrate while up cutting in the same cycle. Upcutting appears to indicate cutting an angle or transitioning from movement in Z only to a movement in the X axis. That probably makes it as clear as mud. Maybe I can post a pic of what is in the parameter book.

Back