What's new
What's new

FJV 25 spindle repair

mada87

Aluminum
So I am currently considering buying a FJV 25 with a bad spindle in it. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for reputable places that I could get quotes from before I pull the trigger on a machine without a working spindle.

As a side note I am also interested in either used spindle or a different speed one (this spindle will go much faster than I really need) if it will save cost, anyone know who I should contact to explore there options as well?

Thanks

Did you end up with the machine? I have an FJV25 that is starting to show symptoms of the spindle needing repaired. Unclamping tools is moving the spindle face by .0024 with both the pneumatic cylinder and also the mechanical knockout in the tool change area.

Did you end up with the machine? I have an FJV25 that is starting to show symptoms of the spindle needing repaired. Unclamping tools is moving the spindle face by .0024 with both the pneumatic cylinder and also the mechanical knockout in the tool change area.

I did not end up buying it, kind of bummed cause it was a nice machine but couldn't find a good deal on a different spindle.

Thanks for the reply. Was hoping for some pointers on removal for repair. If anyone has tips about things to do or not do during removal I would certainly appreciate the input.

Pulled the rotary and actuator and pulled the 6 bolts from the spindle face. Does the cartridge slide out? Or do I have to press it out. Just don't want to destroy anything.

I recently pulled the spindle out of a VTC and it took quite a bit of force to get it out. Along after taking the 6 face bolts out there were 2 threaded holes for jack bolts to help push it out and I had to use those jack bolts to push the spindle out almost 5" before it would freely come.

One tip that worked good for me. I brought machine down such that the spindle was in a vise. I clamped the vise on the spindle, as I used the jack bolts I would move the Z axis up, then once the spindle started coming out freely, I just drove the z axis up and off of the spindle. One note is that on this spindle (VTC not sure how the FJV spindle is setup) it is cooled with oil running around the outside of it and is sealed to z axis casting, so removing the spindle means that it is no longer sealed therefore you would dump all of your spindle oil all over you if the machine is on while removing the spindle. Because of this I unhooked power spindle oil pump.

That's good information, thanks. Maybe just the seals have the cartridge stuck in place. No jack bolt holes in this one though. I have the top opened up to where I see the spindle encoder and there doesn't seem to be anything else holding it in. I can make up a screw press from the top and hopefully get it to start moving.

Back