What's new
What's new

Floppy transfer to Mazak 640M Nexus

KBW

Cast Iron
Could someone give me some pointers on sending a program from the floppy into a Mazak 640M Nexus control.

Not looking for directory-send type info, but how to have info on disk correct.

Currently have post in a directory ie..folder, can open it, select post number then, getting Designated Date Not Found Error.

Thanks.

2 ways.....

You can open up windows explorer on the control and "drag and drop" into the machine programs folder... or...

when using the I/O, press "contents FD" and it should see the program on the disk. Select it then start. You may have to create a "directory" on the disk in order to do this. If so, then create a folder on the disk in which the program is under. Then press "directory select" and download the program.

..... and use the program number for the file name and not text. For example: 1657.eia

If you move files through windows, the extension and name doesn't mattter. You can change it once its in the control or on the floppy on the control. The file name/extesion will matter though when you try to bring it up on the monitor.

Well, I will be untill our wireless DNC from eNetDNC is installed.

But hey, established communication with the Mazak.
Created the directory on the floppy, saved eia program to floppy, had to change program name ex. 0303 to just 303 then it took it no problem. I had used a zero in front of the program number.

Thanks for the help.

Back