What's new
What's new

FR-SE - Over Voltage (Converter) Error

sophtayl

Cast Iron
Hi Brains trust.

trying to resolve an intermittent error with the FR-SE-2 spindle drive.

The drive is tripping out on over Voltage (Converter) somewhat randomly.

A week or so ago, I was in the middle of a cut and had the spindle drive trip on over voltage.

I checked the waveforms and found 1 Waveform missing so I have ordered replacement DK434 driver chips and installed it today.

Waveforms looks fine, including the response times etc.

I ran the usual warm up cycle and all went fine.

Then while running a very light cut (3000rpm - 12mm tool - 0.1mm/tooth feed - 1mm stepover/ 4mm DOC, it tripped out again on over voltage.

I reset it and reran the cut again (sped up through air cutting)and it tripped again.

I dropped the spindle speed to 2500 and feed down a bit also and it managed to complete the cycle ~ 25 mins.

Then while I was thinking about the next test to debug the problem (with the spindle stopped and in home position), the error occurred again with the spindle stationary.

I've had a look around and can't seem to find much on this.

Has anyone come across this error and resolved it or have any suggestions on where to look?

Cheers

Mick

I have only recently replaced them all. Maybe the joints weren't so great. Will revisit this as a starting point. Thanks mate.
Cheers

Mick

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You could also try to set the decel time a bit longer.

It may be time for new power blocks ("darlington transistors" in the FR-SE's) in the drive's base....

You can source them new via Ebay.

I have had luck upgrading the darlington's to actual IGBT's. As long as the physical size/shape is the same, it seems the electrical specs are close enough (actually faster/stronger) for the IGBT's to work fine.

ToolCat

It may be time for new power blocks ("darlington transistors" in the FR-SE's) in the drive's base....

You can source them new via Ebay.

I have had luck upgrading the darlington's to actual IGBT's. As long as the physical size/shape is the same, it seems the electrical specs are close enough (actually faster/stronger) for the IGBT's to work fine.

ToolCat
Cnctoolcat

Are you talking about the ones on the seio1 board or the big ones in the base?

Cheers

Mick

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back