What's new
What's new

Fusion 360 post processors for Mazak SQT100MSY and SQT15M

131rally

Plastic
We have been post processing from Fusion 360 to Mazak VTC20B (M+) for couple of years and that works just fine. Now we finally started to test post processing to SQT100MSY and SQT15M, and we have a lot of problems. We can save the files for both, so no data transfer issues, I think even the drip feed works, but:

SQT100MSY with Fusion 640t = simple facing process + drilling. It starts the spindle to rotate, and takes correct tool and goes to zero, but then just stops, nothing happens, no errors. We are using the SQT100MSY post processor that can be found from Fusion database. We have been thinking if there is some parameters wrong, but no idea which.

SQT15M with T32-3 = multiple errors. We cant find any T32-3 post processors from database and have just tested what ever we have found. This I think we just have incorrect post processor. Anybody having the correct?

I can pay something to the one who solves the problem. So if your interested and have similar machines, please help.

And yes I know this post is not where it belongs, but I think I find the Mazak gurus from here :D

hey @131rally, did you ever figure this out?
I am also working on posting from Fusion360 to a Mazak SuperQuickTurn 15MS with a mazatrol 32-3 controller and running into multiple errors

I asked this same question on another PM form and did some research to figure out if Autodesk post processors would correctly post code for Mazaks. The short answer is yes, but you are going to have to do some custom hand editing afterwards to set specific codes or have a custom post made for your application. On one of the Autodesk forums, a CAM Application person stated that the Fusion posts were only suitable for the Matrix and Smooth controls, but I know that is incorrect as many people have had success using those posts for the 640t. I have a 640t control machine, and I am hoping to get Fusion 360 to post good code that the machine can use, but we will see.

Back