What's new
What's new

Fusion 640M: Keep spindle on in manual mode

316head

Aluminum
When switching from MDI to handwheel after executing S1000 M3, the spindle stops, effectively preventing me from doing any quick manual work. Is there a parameter to bypass this behavior?

Mazatrol is your friend. Push the button to turn the spindle on. If you just booted up the RPM will be 0. It will hold 0 and not allow you to turn it. Use the button to raise the rpm. Select axis with knob? And push feed button as x1, x10, x100, or something like that. Push soft key for COMMAND screen and control will show big numbers. Use arrow keys to highlight any axis numbers you want and type in a number like 0 and handwheel will feed from there. More or less like that. I cannot repeat it because I do it without thinking about it.
MDI has nothing to do with what I listed above.
You can also feed by pushing any axis +- button and I sometimes do that when I want to face a long piece in a single pass. I can do it, but forget how.

Do you have your door key removed? in order to have spindle rotating and hand jog an axis the door must be "closed"

I cannot tell you how I did not deactivate door switches with pieces of #10 bent copper wire. Or how I did not get the machine to run with control cab open.

Back