What's new
What's new

Fusion 640T ID Groove complications

aerowizard

Plastic
Attached you will find pictures of what I could come up with as far as a program goes. I get an alarm for illegal designated tool width on sequence 12 and it wont let me go any further. I have a tool described in the tool data as a .06" wide ID groover with a .03" radius.
Can anyone tell me what the numbers should be in the program, or how I can trick the ol' bag into believing it?
It has my whole shop stumped at the moment and frankly, I'm quite embarrassed.
20210820_095622.jpg20210820_094521.jpg20210820_094554.jpg

You have no designated width in your processes. In addition, when generating a groove with parallel sides, the start point and finish point in Z must be the same. I am a bit confused by your drawing.

Last edited:
I was able to figure it all out. I understand I didn't have a designated groove width in the line. My point was I couldn't figure out what it needed to be. Really any of it. After 4 molds, I was able to get it very close and the numbers in the program are not what you might think they would be. The tool has to travel to the mid-section of the insert in order to complete its pass. As a result I had to make the designated width , .030 larger than the difference between the start/finish Z values. The finish Z values are now close to eachother but off by just a few thousandths. The finish x value is what had to be very off. In order for my insert to finish at a certain Z, it needed to travel an undefined distance in X, past the original final point of .560". So by using the calculate function on the finish X values, and starting with the same finish z value (roughly .8155"), I put myself very close. These drawing from our customer are far from being stable by any means. So for the #3 groove sequence it looks like this now width=.118 sptx=.315 spt=.906 fptx=.62 fptz=.818 angle of 60 degrees. #2 groove sequence looks like this now width=.1856 sptx=.394 sptz=.6575 fptx=.5737 fptz=.8131 andle of 30 degrees.
TPC overlap had to be set to Zero.
Without using G-code to program a final pass, I do have a very small and hardly noticeable overlap however, that radius does measure .041 so as an industrial part I'm going to send it on.
Hopefully this information helps. The CAD drawing in mazatrol did not look right according to the drawing, but it did work. Good day.

Back