What's new
What's new

HCN-6000 RS232 Issue

kbor1126

Plastic
Hello all,

Used this forum for a while now, finally decided to make an account.

I have setup all of our other machines for RS232 transfers, one Fusion 640MT and the rest M32s, they have been working great. Then we got an HCN-6000 with the Fusion 640M Controller and it has given me lots of issues. For the life of me I could not figure out why I could not send/receive a program. I double and triple checked all of the settings and could not get it to work.

Then I finally opened up the controller and saw the cord was not hooked up internally to the controller. (See Picture Below)

After I found this I cut off the black cover and saw that the RS232 connector have the label (CF21/22) (Picture Below)

When I checked those ports on the controller they were both filled, with an X20 connector in CF21 and X22 in CF22. (Another Picture)

I talked with Mazak and Mitsubishi. Mazak did not really help, but Mitsubishi gave me a connection manual and that also confirmed what the connector was marked with.

I could not find where the X20 and X22 connectors are coming from so I finally unplugged them one at a time. One of the connectors (X22) showed an error from the Magazine tool change screen that is all the way by where you load tools into the magazine.

I tried sending programs plugging the CF21/22 connector into both the CF21 and CF22 connections with the same settings that works on our other Fusion machine and still got tape read errors or CMT misconnect.

I am at my wits ends and I am ready to give up and just buy USB connection that replaces the floppy drive. But I really would like a solution to this issue so I don't lose my mind.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Cap.jpg
    Cap.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 67
Thanks for the response Joe, I will look for that connection or just cave and get the PC card.

Back