What's new
What's new

HDD-Backup

Dinoman

Plastic
Is there a easy way to make backups of mazak HDD´s ? I would like to backup a hdd of a VTC-200C but it seems not so easy as i thougt.

I don´t know specifically about a mazak, but most-alll real backup programs can make binary images that are absolutely identical to the original hdd contents.
They can then clone hard drives onto same-size or larger new hard drives.

It is possible the mazak might check the hard drive manufacturer and or serial number and note that the drive has been changed.
Microsoft does this, for example on windows 7++ and office programs.

No idea how likely this is with mazak.

Aomei backup standard is one such easy to use program, cheap.

Install aomei on a pc, plug the mazak harddrive into a spare pc hdd connector, make a binary image onto your pc, then make a second identical hard drive image onto a new hdd for the mazak.
I would suggest an identical sized/type hard drive.
Then try the new hard drive in the mazak.

Should take about 1 hr first time end-end and under 30 mins once you are used to it.
Disc-disc transfers are really really fast- about 12 mins for 200 GB on SATA solid state drives.

Keep the hdd image on your PC.
It may (will usually) be possible to mount it and read individual files, unless it uses some really weird file system.

ok i will try it with aomei. i used it already for older backups of desktop-pc-hdd´s but i thougt there would be a lock or something when i try it with this hdd´s from a machine.

If sata interface best buy has a box we call a toaster...has 2 slots that allows direct copy.

The single slot one comes with software..

Ghost is a good program for doing the task.

If other interface there may be adaptor to allow usb connection.

Get a 2 TB external USB drive to create a vault and make a spreadsheet to manage your system.

Once created make a folder for each drive and then easy to make replacement drives on the fly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Back