What's new
What's new

Help Integrex 200sy backup

Be very careful here. Parameters from a like machine are a good start, but the ladder can be very different with options that you do or don't have. Also there are different versions of the ladder for the same control that the hard drive may or may no like. Our 300 lost a program that runs on every tool change. A simple little 4 or 5 line G-code program that moves Y+ then back home, or something like that. Without the program it would not complete the tool change. The program is on the hard drive in a folder that you don't see unless you look for it. No 200's here, have a 100 and a 300. The ladder on the 300 is vastly different from alot of others since it had a gantry loader on it once. That has been removed and the ladder revised to run without it.

Where is the program for the tool change? My original hard drive and control went out. I got the original machine backup from mazak however can't complete tool changes. The machine goes through the whole process, oriented the correct position however it stays in cycle start. This is a 40 tool magazine. In addition the tool in the spindle does not update. I have to enter it manually. I have found all the tool change m codes cause the same issue with sticking in cycle start.

that could be anything. what about MR-J2 servo for ATC and Magazine? Sometime you can get error on their 7 segment LED indicator and that error never reports back to machine control.

Mrj was the first thing we checked. I am trying to trace through the ladder now. I video taped and took pictures of the ladder while attempting tool changes earlier. Now I'm sitting here taking them through the ladder on the computer. I have the text file of my ladder and electrical. Luckily

Mrj was the first thing we checked. I am trying to trace through the ladder now. I video taped and took pictures of the ladder while attempting tool changes earlier. Now I'm sitting here taking them through the ladder on the computer. I have the text file of my ladder and electrical. Luckily

the whole ATC process in ladder is enormously huge pages and pages of drama. At what point machine stops? Spindle orientation is done, Second home position is made. Magazine rotates to prepare selected tool?

what about parameters R78 , R44 and R48, R47, these are related to ATC

is it possible to move ATC arm in maintenance mode?

the whole ATC process in ladder is enormously huge pages and pages of drama. At what point machine stops?

Physically the tool change completes. It changes tools, puts the other tool back in the correct mag pocket, goes to the correct b axis position, the mill spindle oriented, etc....... what does not happen is the current tool does not update on the display and the cycle start stays illuminated. If you hit reset the mag moves. Shifter, etc... however I found hit estop then reset everything will stay in the correct position and i can enter the correct tool in the tool popup display. Like it is waiting on a finish signal.

Spindle orientation is done, Second home position is made. Magazine rotates to prepare selected tool?

what about parameters R78 , R44 and R48, R47, these are related to ATC.
R44 = - 400
R47 = 0
R48 = - 31720
R78 = 01000000

I will doublecheck them later today but had a picture on my phone of all the parameter pages.

is it possible to move ATC arm in maintenance mode?

See responses iin quote.

Yes everything moves and indicates correct positions ion the display.

So far taking back through the ladder I found any rung that has r332 in it does not latch at any point during the tool change. I have the 40 tool magazine.

I will be gone most of the day today but should be back later today.

You have to go into the windows side and get into the c drive. You will find a bunch of folders, open up the T_PLC PROGRAM folder. There should be a G code program 9000

G91G01Y-0.01
G01Y0.0101
G01Y-0.0001

That was all we were missing. Had 2 service guys in to look at it, 1 independant and 1 independant sent by Mazak. I ended up finding another machine in a local shop and went and copied everything from that one. This did the trick on mine

You have to go into the windows side and get into the c drive. You will find a bunch of folders, open up the T_PLC PROGRAM folder. There should be a G code program 9000

G91G01Y-0.01
G01Y0.0101
G01Y-0.0001

That was all we were missing. Had 2 service guys in to look at it, 1 independant and 1 independant sent by Mazak. I ended up finding another machine in a local shop and went and copied everything from that one. This did the trick on mine

what is this for? Incremental movement of Y axis around zero? from where machine is now, Y axis moves 0.01 one way, then 0,0101 into opposite way and then 0.0001 again and...and now gonne be sitting right where it started?

See responses iin quote.

Yes everything moves and indicates correct positions ion the display.

So far taking back through the ladder I found any rung that has r332 in it does not latch at any point during the tool change. I have the 40 tool magazine.

I will be gone most of the day today but should be back later today.

R332 is comand tool number. Looks like that is the number you out in you MDI window and then machine strobe it with X274. What about all this Registers for current tool, commanded tool, magazine tool, shifter tool. Do these numbers make any sense??

R304
R332
R333
R334
R338
R400
R410

Ladder diagram is about 400 pages book, I wonder if there is a living creature who can open this book and just line by line explain every bit of movement.

R332 is comand tool number. Looks like that is the number you out in you MDI window and then machine strobe it with X274. What about all this Registers for current tool, commanded tool, magazine tool, shifter tool. Do these numbers make any sense??

R304 = tool pocket num
R332 = command tool num
R333 = unload tool num
R334 = next tool load num
R338 = Tool direction (direction is not changing on display even when I manually input correct tool) don't remeber if it did before
R400 = shifter tool num
R410 = Spindle tool num

Ladder diagram is about 400 pages book, I wonder if there is a living creature who can open this book and just line by line explain every bit of movement.

I am not very good tracing ladders but I feel I am doing better than I expected. Of course techs don't really have anything to loose. I'm going broke trying to get this thing fixed so its either sink or swim.

I am not very good tracing ladders but I feel I am doing better than I expected. Of course techs don't really have anything to loose. I'm going broke trying to get this thing fixed so its either sink or swim.

no no no..I asked what are the numbers inside those Registers. Not their definition.

mazak ladder is very obscure cause , Mazaki people are trying to be cost effective. They make one ladder, fine tune it and release it for whole bunch of MAzaks. Then they just use PLC bit settings to select particular configuration. That is why it is so huge and needs very fast Mitsubishi RISC processors ( or similar stuff) to run.

R304 bit 0 and 1 on
R332 no bits on
R333 no bits on
R334 no bits on
R338 no bits on
R400 no bits on
R410 no bits on

Sorry I misunderstood the question.
R304 bit 0 and 1 on
R332 no bits on
R333 no bits on
R334 no bits on
R338 no bits on
R400 no bits on
R410 no bits on

Sorry I misunderstood the question.
R304 bit 0 and 1 on
R332 no bits on
R333 no bits on
R334 no bits on
R338 no bits on
R400 no bits on
R410 no bits on

no this on and off. Numbers, inside them must be numbers. You can see them on DIAGNOSTIC screen
or normally in PLC ladder they are at the very bottom (starting with lower left corner). This picture in attachment. P40 label:
once X274 is ON machine will compare number in R332 with 0, if number in R332 is ZERO then M6132 is ON..

line below R332 is compared with R333, if numbers are the same, M6140 is ON

these kind of numbers.I would assume...if all is OK and you command in MDI tool change and tool number.. say 5 , then somewhere among these registers you have to see tool N5 and current tool number in milling spindle and current tool N in shifter and magazine.

second picture is example where these numbers at the bottom available , actually 640 M control PLC

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 20181024_095312.jpg
    20181024_095312.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 75
no this on and off. Numbers, inside them must be numbers. You can see them on DIAGNOSTIC screen
or normally in PLC ladder they are at the very bottom (starting with lower left corner). This picture in attachment. P40 label:
once X274 is ON machine will compare number in R332 with 0, if number in R332 is ZERO then M6132 is ON..

line below R332 is compared with R333, if numbers are the same, M6140 is ON

these kind of numbers.I would assume...if all is OK and you command in MDI tool change and tool number.. say 5 , then somewhere among these registers you have to see tool N5 and current tool number in milling spindle and current tool N in shifter and magazine.

second picture is example where these numbers at the bottom available , actually 640 M control PLC

Ok finally got it.
R304 =4
R332= 1
R333= 2
R334= 0
R338= 2065
R400= 0
R410= 1

so there are numbers.... I might go tomorrow to see one guy who has INT300SY, I will try to see what is happening with ATC during tool change command. If they let me stop machine for a while. It is very strange that manually all is moving but in AUTO , during tool change , it doesnt even give an error message.

the other thing is ATC arm movement. If you think that machine is ok, parameters are good, and next movement will be ATC arm movement, then you can start tracing MR-J2 input output registers. These to pictures :

R7553 is command into MR-J2, the message is sitting in M2400 , but M2400 is single bit, so to form the message itself , PLC configures M2400.... M2401.. M2402.. M2403 and so on and then it moves whole banch of them in MOV M2400 K4 R7553 ... where K4 is 4 by 4 =16 bits, sort of M2400 is just pointer to whole message...

so you can see that PLC is sending towards MR-J2 at this very moment. I have little PFD that explains bits of this. I will upload it now.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 63
photos of ladder

Attachments

• 20181029_005937.jpg
    20181029_005937.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 20181029_005907.jpg
    20181029_005907.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 20181029_005834.jpg
    20181029_005834.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 20181029_005740.jpg
    20181029_005740.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 20181029_005708.jpg
    20181029_005708.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 57
we need to find what is the NEXT step, that should be done, but it isnt. What is this? Machine at second home postion... you call MDI and tell it change the tool. So what will be the next step in case all is ok? Machine makes sure magazine is a right spot? Shifter is right spot? Then it will open ATC door, limit switch is made and only them ATC movement?

these are 4 MR-J2 INPUT commands. That is what PLC tells it to do.

More I look deeper into ladder more it makes me depressed ;). So much stuff is happening in it. I need to see machine, sitting at home in front of Laptop, no good at all. But you have an idea any way. Those PLC rangs, not just ON and OFF functions, machine works with numbers and configure COMMAND message and send into MR-J2 ( two of them) and repeatedly monitoring messages from MR-J2. I wonder how much time Japanese spent into developing their first Integrex.

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 65

Back