What's new
What's new

Help! Mazatrol smooth g programming

Jordan123

Plastic
Hi, we have recently taken order of a new 200MSY so I’m fairly new to mazatrol programming. I’m trying to mill a simple circle island but the controls are wanting to break out of the external wall afterwards or into the internal bore. (Line In/Line Out) or if I use the pocket mill option it just wants to bore all the stock out to the programmed diameter I’m wanting?
Although mazatrol is really simple im finding such a straight forward application overly complicated.
Does anyone have an idea where I’m going wrong?

Hi, we have recently taken order of a new 200MSY so I’m fairly new to mazatrol programming. I’m trying to mill a simple circle island but the controls are wanting to break out of the external wall afterwards or into the internal bore. (Line In/Line Out) or if I use the pocket mill option it just wants to bore all the stock out to the programmed diameter I’m wanting?
Although mazatrol is really simple im finding such a straight forward application overly complicated.
Does anyone have an idea where I’m going wrong?

MSY is a lathe with live tooling? But you are using words that apply to VMC? POCKET MOUNTAIN is what you want (may be POCKET ISLAND?). Describe the pocket, describe the mountain. This is on a Fusion control and later today I will double check if it is also on SMOOTH G. Pretty sure it would be.
LINE OUT profiles around outside of a part with a lead in and a lead out, LINE IN does the same around the inside with lead in and lead out.

Yeah sounds like the feature you are looking for is Pocket Mountain under face machining. You will be able to draw multiple shapes with this unit type. Draw the shape that needs to be machined away first and any subsequent shapes will be unmachined. If drawing circles or squares it is fairly simple if drawing arbitrary shapes you must have a start point designated with blue and end on the same point. Do the same for the subsequent shapes.

Back