What's new
What's new

Help me make a clone of my Fusion 640M Hard Drive

xtcustoms

Plastic
Reaching out to you guys for help. Im trying to copy the hard drive on my 2002 VTC200C with Fusion 640M control. My Hard drive is on its ways out.
I have used several clone utility's with no luck. I have heard that the control looks at the hard drive serial number to see if its the right one before booting windows....is this correct?
I cannot get the cloned drives ive made to boot. I can boot these drives when i hook them to another computer though. confused about why .
I have changed the volume serial number to the same as the one thats in my machine but this didnt work either.
I have read that some of the higher up mazak service gurus know how to do this...hoping someone can help me out. Mitsubishi wants 1900 for a $80 drive, ridiculous.

Ive used utility's from HDDGURU and Winimage. I use winimage to copy my centroid drives and also bridgeport DX drives, works great for those.

Im willing to pay someone $100 that can help me do this! LOL

send me a Private Message i'll help ya. I've cloned several of them, even changed them to SSD.

Hello, Can you please explain how you changed to SSD? My machine is now dead due to IDE hard disk, I tried with other company hard disk with higher capacity but not success.

Please help

Hello, Can you please explain how you changed to SSD? My machine is now dead due to IDE hard disk, I tried with other company hard disk with higher capacity but not success.

Please help

I tried as well. 3 different software and different approach. Could not boot the Windows 95 at all. What I suspect is that Fusion control BIOS is very sensitive to size of HDD, as in the past, people didnt think in GIGa bytes but rather in MEGA bytes. The other thing is file system and drive name. It has to have right FAT or FAT32 or what ever it is on old one. Disc name must be C: , not D: or what ever. When you clone HDD with this HDD attached to your PC, your PC will assign it a latter, to be able to refer to it. Try to make it C:/ , it is impossible while it is connected to your PC as PC already has C:/ drive. The whole process must be very easy and I bet Mitsubishi knows who to do it.

Best way to start is connect HDD to control, external keyboard and see if you can get into BIOS and see if BIOS can recognize HDD as it is and how it calls it.

any way, that is the way to recover. Have a look the way they use BIOS:

Items Needed:
1) Keyboard
2) Windows 95 Startup disk
3) Working knowledge of DOS or Windows 95 Disk made from control.
Procedure:
1) Power down control.
2) Attached keyboard.
3) Put startup disk in floppy drive.
4) Power on control, when bios shows up on screen press F-10 on key board
5) In bios go to startup menu.
6) Set diskette boot to enable, and save changes on this screen and on main screen.
7) Upon second save, control will boot to A:\ drive.
8) If no Windows 95 disk are available go to step 14
9) Reload Windows from floppy disk by putting first disk in A:\ drive and running
setup.
10) When control reboots hit F-10 and set startup option on diskette boot back to disable
the resave changes.
11)Control should boot to Windows 95.
12)If Mazatrol Fussion software does not start it will need to be reloaded from disk or
from the backup directory. Or the short cut to Fusion M640 put back in Startup menu
and restart.
13) Go To End.
14)Change to C:\ drive and locate the C:\windows\options\cabs directory this is where
the Windows 95 disk and set routines are stored. This directory may have been
moved, if windows would not start, so it take some searching to find.
15) When found start reinstall by typing “setup” then enter from the directory that the
windows setup disk were found. This will reload Windows 95.
16) When control reboots hit F-10 and set startup option on diskette boot back to disable
then resave changes.
17)Control should boot to Windows 95.
18)If Mazatrol Fussion software does not start it will need to be reloaded from disk or
from the backup directory. Or the short cut to Fusion M640 put back in Startup menu
and restart.
19) End
Remember CTRL+ALT+DEL on keyboard will reboot control at any time if needed.

what I am trying to tell is, until you can go into BIOS and see you new HDD, even it is empty , and see that BIOS has recognized it, do bother to use it

For pure Cloning of physical disks, it's really hard to go past *nix "dd". If you search for "how to copy drive with linux dd" you should find a step-by-step.
This will copy EVERYTHING byte-by-byte, so is platform agnostic. It will copy the windows MBR and partition table etc.

The australian makes a good point about partition size limits (limited by the windows file system FAT) - However FAT may be required by the machine, so there is no avoiding that. The other confusion may come from the BIOS, it may have several HDD modes (these will vary from instance to instance, but) look for an IDE/LEGACY option

As to the security of the machine "looking at a HDD serial number", I would think it unlikely, but I confess I haven't had anything to do with them.
If anything , it may match a UUID, which again, can be set from *nix with tune2fs, which should be available on any modern distro. - I consider even this unlikely, since it seems we're dealing with windows, let alone the 1995 vintage.
I don't believe you can/could re-assign C: from a running windows instance - you will need a virtualised environment.

Use any proper real backup sw.
Aoemei backupper is one for windows.

Install it on the pc in question, or another pc if you want - with the drive to be copied connected temporarily to it.
Make a drive image from the drive to be copied- store it anywhere on the network.
You can then restore the drive image from the network to an ssd, perfectly well.

Once it boots and works, re-use the aomei backupper to resize the partition into the limits of your ssd / mb bios /operating system/drive file system.
FAT32 is likely to be what you want as a file system .. but the drive image will recreate the original file system exactly.

And "HDD error" does not mean your hard drive is broken.
It means that you have the wrong drive description in the mbr, and or a combo of removable drives like solid state drives pre ssd.

So multiple combos of ms systems will state the helpful "hdd error" .. when all you need to do is flip the drive type descriptor to fixed rather than removable.
There are historical reasons and endless combos and caveats.

Free bootable linux utilities on ramdrives/memsticks can do this in 5 minutes.

Fusion 640 control has a specially designed motherboard. That PC was never designed to run as stand alone PC, rather a base on top of which NC system operates.
That is exactly the problem, unless you go into BIOS you dont really know what are:

limits of your ssd / mb bios /operating system/drive file system.

Fusion 640 control has a specially designed motherboard. That PC was never designed to run as stand alone PC, rather a base on top of which NC system operates.

Ah.
It may be an "embedded" version of windows, which has mods to the OS to run on "non-standard" HW.
This will be duplicated with the above tools, but if the OS has corrupted itself you're SOL, you will need a clean install from a clean installer...

Ah.
It may be an "embedded" version of windows, which has mods to the OS to run on "non-standard" HW.
This will be duplicated with the above tools, but if the OS has corrupted itself you're SOL, you will need a clean install from a clean installer...

mazak sells service HDD. You give them machine serial, they give you service HDD. You reload you parameters and hope all is good. Never done it before, but I would guess that is how they support it.

Hi All
i have cloned these drives several times now for a local company and have at lest three drive avalible with windows 95 embedded and mazatrol 640 installed and ready to go £80 plus postage if you would like one

Hi All
i have cloned these drives several times now for a local company and have at lest three drive avalible with windows 95 embedded and mazatrol 640 installed and ready to go £80 plus postage if you would like one

Dear my hard disk crashes, so I lost all data inside, do you know where I can find a clone disk o any other option to solve my problem I would appreciate your help

Good Morning
I have the same problem with my machine the hard drive stopped working, can you sell me a disk with all the software installed ready to work?

MAZAK SUPER QUICK TURN 250 M DE 2002
MAZATROL PC FUSION 640 T

thank you

best regards
Joao Catarino

good morning sorry for the late reply

Unfortunately I have nothing

I hope you can help me thank you very much

best regards
João Catarino

Do you have backup of the files from the old disk?
Do you have the parameters?
Win95 or Win2000?

good morning sorry for the late reply

Unfortunately I have nothing

I'm completely lost without knowing what to do

I hope you can help me thank you very much

best regards
João Catarino

Do you know if it was running Win95 or Win2000?
C-axis?
Subspindle or tailstock?

Can you send old disk to me in Sweden? (I have some tools to take the data out of the disk)

We use ghost to clone drives.

Remove the drive and place it in a working pc.

Get external usb drive like a 2TB unit to be vault.

Collect image to drive then get another drive to image back.

If hardware has size limits for drive then find same size but finding small drives difficult.

Thrift store and Craig's list are sources.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

We use ghost to clone drives.
Remove the drive and place it in a working pc.
Get external usb drive like a 2TB unit to be vault.
Collect image to drive then get another drive to image back.
If hardware has size limits for drive then find same size but finding small drives difficult.
Thrift store and Craig's list are sources.

This is only applicable if the drive is working and you do it as a backup, now its to late.

Back