What's new
What's new

Help running tape on mazak with fanuc 31i control.

thatonegii

Plastic
As title states I'm looking for help running a newer mazak with a fanuc 31i control in tape mode.

Control panel has a tape button and when I'm in tape mode I see no buttons or options that are familiar to either mazak or fanuc.

I tried running program as an external sub program off USB using m198 command but I get alarm sr1807. I've read conflicting information on whether this can be done or not with the newer fanuc controls.

We are currently having to split up large programs into as many as 20 separate programs and load them one at a time as we run them so any help would be immensely appreciated.

Dumb question but .... when we had US-built machine tools, you could call up their tech support people and ask simple questions like this, no problem. For free, even if you were not the original purchaser.

Mazak doesn't do this ?

Dumb question but .... when we had US-built machine tools, you could call up their tech support people and ask simple questions like this, no problem. For free, even if you were not the original purchaser.

Mazak doesn't do this ?

I have a number for a mazak applications engineer I believe but I haven't been able to contact him due to working night shift. I guess i will have to come in early one day or keep pestering day shift to do something.

Back