What's new
What's new

Help using TPC

Circuit 1

Aluminum
Could somebody explain to me how exactly to use TPC because my manual doesn't explain it very well. I have a SQT-10M with a T-Plus control. I was wanting to use the TPC for soft jaw boring ring clearance. I'm assuming this is the type of situation it's used for and other things like tailstock clearance. I've gotten basic programming down pretty well but anything beyond that I've been struggling with.
Thanks!

Sounds like the jaw boring ring is sticking out in front of your Z0 jaw face. Easiest way is to not use TPC in this case. Go to the top line in the program and input 2" in for stock removal of workface and make the overall stock length on Z longer by 2".

The machine will rapid to Z+ 2.079" (2" plus the normal Z clearance amount), and at same time, rapid down to start point in X, then it will rapid into Z+ 0.079", then start cutting the jaws. The machine will rapid to the Z+ 2.079" clearance plane before going home after the cut is completed. Watch the toolpath graphics and you will see what I'm talking about.

The stock allowance on X, Z and workface on Pno 0 are essentially setting up a boundary for the machine. No vector rapid movements are allowed inside the boundary box.

Back