What's new
What's new

HMC System variables

will_0000

Aluminum
As I have a bit of free time at the moment due to the current world situation I thought I would tidy up how we probe and index our parts on our pallet machines and write a few macros. I have been through the book and also spoken to Mazak but cannot locate the system variable for the pallet index angle.

Control is an M+
Mazak H415 HMC with 15000 spindle
1 degree pallet index table

Going through the book machine coordinates can be called from #5021 through #5024 and workpiece coordinates can be called through #5041 through 5044 depending on what axis you want so if I call #10=#5024(4 axis Machine coordinate) I get a reference alarm. I can only believe this is because there isn't actually a 4 axis as the pallet table is not full 4th. so their must be another variable that shows the index angle but it doesn't seem to show it anywhere.

Does anyone have a full list of the system parameters that might show this?

No it doesn't, I probe the part for example at B0.0 and set G54. If I index the pallet to say 45 degrees the part has now moved and G54 is still where it originally was so you can either assign another datum set to this new position for example G55 or use G52 to move the reference point by calculating the trigonometry, The macro I am writing will calculate the G52 movement but to do this I need to be able to pull the index position from the machining into a set of variables as you would do if you were loading date into the work offset page.

This page from the manual shows the basis but nowhere can I find some of the other variable numbers, The machine must store it's index position some where as it does with axis load, spindle speed etc., I can do this on some of my other machines.
variables.jpg

No it doesn't, I probe the part for example at B0.0 and set G54. If I index the pallet to say 45 degrees the part has now moved and G54 is still where it originally was so you can either assign another datum set to this new position for example G55 or use G52 to move the reference point by calculating the trigonometry, The macro I am writing will calculate the G52 movement but to do this I need to be able to pull the index position from the machining into a set of variables as you would do if you were loading date into the work offset page.

This page from the manual shows the basis but nowhere can I find some of the other variable numbers, The machine must store it's index position some where as it does with axis load, spindle speed etc., I can do this on some of my other machines.
View attachment 284429
Hello, I know it’s been a while. Have you found a way to get the pallet angle?

Back