What's new
What's new

How to activate parts counter in EIA mode Mazatrol Matrix Nexus 2

Chevy427z

Stainless
Hi folks!

After spending a career in front of Fanuc based machines, I am now tasked with learning the Mazak. I have a few questions and will break them up into separate entries here. First off, the machine is a VTC250D/50 and the controller is a Mazatrol Matrix Nexus 2. I attended Mazak’s school in Cincinatti, but it was very very superficial. My first question is how do I activate the parts counter in EIA mode? I found it in the Mazatrol mode, but not in G-code. Also, how do I reset the parts counter?

Many thanks!

Mark

Also, how do I reset the parts counter?

My control is T+ but the procedure should be the same.
Command screen (right legend key and high lite "Command"

Position Key
press left arrow key once or twice
Zero
enter

As for the EIA mode I don't know

If you write a mazatrol program then call your eia sub program with M98, then return to maz prog with M99, you can set the parts counter on with the 'END' line. Sounds cumbersome but its just one short line in each program.

Thank you very much for your responses, gents!

Both worked like a charm. As expected, once I was able to reset the parts counter, I couldn't understand why it was so difficult to begin with. Couple of very simple steps, obviously missed by me, but that's squared away.

And about calling up a sub in a Mazatrol program, I wasn't sure how so I started playing around and found the "sub program" button. Called up my EIA program with it and ran it. Parts counter did not change. Added M99<Maz prog number> where the M30 was originally and viola! Parts counter ticked up one.

Thanks again gentlemen! I appreciate your time!

Mark

Hang in there Mark! You are learning a totally new language. Once you start to get the hang of it (and it will be soon!) you will be amazed at how easy and powerful your new control is.

Don't let the frustration get to you. Just ask, there are lots of mazak people around.

Awesome! Thank you. Will give that a shot. I am assuming it has to go before the M99/M30 for the control to see it?

I like this even better as sometimes we run two or three (or more) parts at a time and it would be convenient to tick the count up 1, 2, or however many parts are run versus how many times the control sees an M30.

Mark

My control is T+ but the procedure should be the same.
Command screen (right legend key and high lite "Command"

Position Key
press left arrow key once or twice
Zero
enter

That was a real "duh!" moment for me when the light bulb went off LOL Very easy! Thank you! :-)

edited: What's nice about this is that you can input any number you like. Say, after you've run a couple of test pieces, you can input "2" instead of making a note or trying to remember that you've already run a couple.

Hello again folks!

A couple more questions on the parts counter. I seem to be doing something wrong. First, is there a way to make the mazatrol parts counter uptick more than one at a time? If so, I'm not seeing it.

Also, I am trying to use an EIA program that has absolutely nothing in it, but #3901=#3901+1 (and +2 and +3 as well) as a sub program, but my counter only ticks up once for the Mazatrol command. If I delete the Maz counter command, nothing at all happens. I'm pretty sure that I am calling the sub prog properly as I have used that option quite extensively. I've ended my sub prog with M99.

Any thoughts? Thank you!

Mark

I understand how to make the counter tick up in an EIA program.

My question is how to make a Mazatrol program tick up more than one count. Hence my thought that I should call up my sub (which is nothing more than the #3901 code mentioned above).

Am I missing something?

Back