What's new
What's new

How to adjust spindle ramp and decel speed on T-Plus SQT18?

cgmaster

Cast Iron
How do you adjust the spindle ram up and decel speed? I am running off of limited power and I would like to slow the ramp and decel times. My circuit should be fine at 120 amps but I want to dial it back in case I have another machine come on at the same time.

I assume the setting will be on the VFD but will I have to change anything in the control also?

Thank you in advance.

Ok I tried adjusting in the control. I tried parameters b74 through b78 and c74-78. IIRC I tried various settings for speed and time constant up to 99999999

This did not change my spindle acceleration?

Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?

Ok I tried adjusting in the control. I tried parameters b74 through b78 and c74-78. IIRC I tried various settings for speed and time constant up to 99999999

This did not change my spindle acceleration?

Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?

You'll need to get into privileged mode(go to parameter screen, hit right most button under screen, type in 1131 and then hit enter), spindle parameters should show up. SP19, 21, and 22 have to do with ramp time I'm fairly certain but don't quote me on that. When I get back to the shop I'll look at manuals to confirm.

Is there any way to get a list of the parameters that can be accessed in privileged mode?

What I have seen is all the parameters are listed in the manuals but you have to be in privileged mode to display all of them.
So the list is in the manuals.

I could not find anything for the parameters in privileged mode in the parameters book or the PLC ladder. As referenced above SP19 does control spindle accel and decel. Not sure if there is a way to change accel and decel separately though yet. It did what I needed it to do. reduced my amp draw to a quarter of what it was.

I could not find anything for the parameters in privileged mode in the parameters book or the PLC ladder. As referenced above SP19 does control spindle accel and decel. Not sure if there is a way to change accel and decel separately though yet. It did what I needed it to do. reduced my amp draw to a quarter of what it was.
Excellent, thanks!

Sent via CNC 88HS

Back