What's new
What's new

how do you orient the spindle with a probe in it on a mazak hcn 5000?

mgutierrez64

Plastic
hello , im working with an mazak hcn 5000ii with a mazatrol nexus controll and am having trouble with some of thease alarms. i have seen an earlier post in here about this and it says to tell the machine that the zero(or a rotating tool is in the pocket) and it will orient it. but i have no idea on how to go about this. i thank you in advance on any help with my issue.

Go to tool data page. Cursor down to the tool that is called the touch sensor. WRITE DOWN THE LENGTH OF THE TOOL!
Cursor right and replace touch sensor with 'DRILL', add a common diameter. Now go to MDI, enter M19, cycle start. Your probe will orient.

A somewhat safer approach is to use the little 'wrench' keys, and tell the control it is ok to remove tool without orienting. Remove probe from spindle and replace with another tool, like your drill. Edit the tool data as above. Change to tool '0', then put the probe data back in the tool data page. Since you wrote down the length of the probe you know what length to type back into the data.

go to the mdi page hit far right button should be button spindle number set. hit that then tell it a different tool number hit input. machine will think a different tool is in spindle. you can then input m19 in mdi and then cycle start. go back to spindle number set and put probe number back in.

If you have at least one available tool position in the magazine, just cursor to the probe, and then hit the "tool data move" button, enter the number of a vacant tool position, and hit input.

Orient the spindle, then do tool data move again, back to your original position.

I have no idea why they lock it from orienting. The probe will handle it fine. Just one of those things done "for your protection", that ends up wasting your time.

Sorry I didn't read this earlier.
To save you lots of hassle next time.
Go to MDI then hit the right menu key till you see "SP No SET" (this allows you to set the spindle tool number) key in 0 (zero) and press enter.
Now on the position page you can see the control thinks that the spindle is empty.
Now you can orient.
Now you can repeat the above and tell the machine that the probe is in the spindle.
This takes less than a minute.

I know I'm grave digging with this thread, but just wanted to say thank you. This helped me solve my problem with being new to a Mazak where the touch probe times out, and then the machine gives me the 230 error and won't let me change tooling because of the error. I had gone into maintenance mode, stepped it through the process of putting the touch probe back in it's tooling pocket, and closing the tool door again, but the machine was still stuck thinking the probe was in the spindle. Cheers!

Back