What's new
What's new

How to make SS chuck to unclamp

Ianagos

Stainless
So I wrote up a program and it’s all working except for one part.

The program does some turning on the main spindle then the sub comes in syncs and grabs the bar and pulls it out then it gets parted and the sub goes home. Then the back of the part gets faced.

Lastly I want to open the parts catcher and open the sub spindle chuck to release the part. (I have a spring loaded ejector so it should pop out)

I have not been able to get this to work.

I have a
m48 m305 m9

M306

M358 (air blast to insure part is out)

M49

End of program

What happens is the parts catcher will come up and the spindle will stop and then nothing happens no unchuck and the parts catcher get stuck up. Also no errors appear.

The only thing I can think of that would cause it to hold up is the fact that the turret is not at z home the last process only sends it to x home (mnp). But I have no clue how to send it to z home as well???? I have no clue if that’s my problem or not.

I’d appreciate some help guys thanks.

Also anybody know a Kyocera or sumitomo rep near Atlanta? I blew up my grooving tool and I can’t find anyone with one in stock locally.

Forgot to mention a few key details...

Machine is a sqt18ms with a t plus controller.

Also I’m using mazatrol and I’m not very good at it.

So as an update it seems to be related to my parts catcher. I stop don’t know what is going on but I removed the m306 codes and just put the m48 (also tried m348) and so far nothing.

It just gets hung up after the parts catcher opens

4e89f6d7f05dcf793b846eadf8c472f4.jpg

105826934932b89d0b636adfef660662.jpg

9bfba85f5e0f3192272ea76de526963f.jpg

Check to make sure the parts catcher is making the prox switch. It should have one for extend and retract. It is an air cylinder by the main spindle. You can take the M48 out and see if it will finish and that will tell you for sure if the part catcher is stopping the cycle.

Thank you my parts catcher is hydraulic.

The sensor was not working before but now it seems to be working before when the sensor was not adjusted properly it would actually show a sensor malfunction.

There is a little green light on the sensor that lights up. When improperly adjusted it is red and the machine will alarm out but it goes green now and no alarm.

Edit I forgot to add I removed the m48 and put in a m306 and everything works so it’s definitely a hang up with the parts catcher.

Check to make sure the parts catcher is making the prox switch. It should have one for extend and retract. It is an air cylinder by the main spindle. You can take the M48 out and see if it will finish and that will tell you for sure if the part catcher is stopping the cycle.

After more reviewing you may be correct as this morning a proximity sensor alarm did appear although it is now not appearing so I’m not sure. I called Mazak service so maybe they can help me out.

Edit: Well you are correct it is the parts catcher proximity sensor. The trick was when I go in to machine mode and manual lift it the pink light keeps flashing and doesn’t go solid. The machine is waiting on the signal. So the Mazak tech on the phone helped me figure that out then said I should look at my electric circuit diagram manual and here I am. I’m looking but this stuff just doesn’t make sense. I may have to call them back as I’m lost in this manual.

As an update after staring at the book for an hour or 2 I fidured out the issue. The connected for the switch was plugged in to the wrong wire after I looks like there was some repairs done.. all I did was put the switch to the correct place and now I’m running no problem.

The hydraulic cylinder had to have some repairs so maybe that’s why the wire were switched up?

Back