What's new
What's new

How many QT10N ATC are on this board?

Helix60

Plastic
Wanting to know how many QT10N ATC's are owned by board members. Philabuster, cwtoyota and Benganboll come to mind. I have a line on a used machine that needs work. The price is fair for a non-functioning machine. Was wondering who might be interested in having spare parts and tool holders? If interested, what parts would you like to have as spares?

Regards,
Heli

I think this is a great machine (a little slow...).
Whats the problem with the machine? Can it be repaired?

At the moment I dont see any spareparts that I need and i guess all the toolholder is imperial and not metric as I use.

Only Metric/Imperial holders I know of would be the YCC Collets. Here in the USA mine was set up with the YCC Metric Collets, But used straight collet adapters for the End mills and drills.

I suppose the tool bushing would be English instead of Metric, but nothing a sleeve couldn't fix.

As far as parts I would keep. Controller rack assembly, drives, servos, encoders, control panel, display, lube pump, spindle unit, tool chain, c_hooks, all VDI tooling, chip shields, parts catcher. Maybe ball screws. All these parts could be boxed and placed in overhead storage, with the exception of the spindle unit. Some of these parts are getting a little hard to come by these days, Mazak can still provide most of them, but at a long lead time and a high cost. Us home shops usually can't or don't want to afford Mazak pricing...lol

Regards,
Heli

Controller rack assembly, drives, servos, encoders, control panel, display,

i have all that in the shed and cant give it away

the live tooling sold quickly but that was many years ago

Pity Illinois is so far away; it would probably cost as much in freight as what I paid for my 10N T3! I would love to have some spares for mine, as it will be a sad day indeed when Big Blue goes the way of its natural decay (apologies to Gordon Lightfoot). Just recently had some connectivity problems with the cards in the rack, fortunately back up and running. I use it a lot in the home workshop to make specialty fasteners. Besides the British and obscure metric pitches (ISO would have you think otherwise, but metric was not always standardized between countries!), some antique vehicle marques had their own proprietary threads. 15/64-25 and 7/32-33 for example comes to mind! All just a number to the control and pretty darn quick to bang out a program for a bolt, screw, or nut in Mazatrol for a small batch run. I very rarely use the live tooling.

Back