What's new
What's new

How to save programs to a pc via CMT from a QT15 T32B

M K

Cast Iron
Hi all

On my Hyundai QT15n with T32B controller I have filled the memory with only 17 programs!!!! They are not even that big so obviously the memory is tiny

The lathe doesn’t have to DNC option so I need to remove/save the programs from the control to my laptop via the 25pin cmt port inside the little access panel on the side of the control, I assume I can use a male 25pin rs232 connector

The problem is my laptop doesn’t have rs232 or 9 pin, it only has usb

So does anybody know the cable configuration I need and how I need to pin it for use with a USB adapter

As for software to put on the laptop I have emailed GRIFFOBROS as I’ve read there stuff is very good for transferring mazatrol programs.

All help appreciated as I don’t want to have to keep deleting programs and then re writing them because the memory’s full

Thanks
Marc

AB0D79C8-36E9-4A0F-8876-493E68CFCE36.jpg
2CE14B81-1C28-4D5B-91B7-AB487D932DFD.jpg
A27C57C5-AF79-4A62-ABFD-E7E4389E4426.jpg

I use a moxa usb to serial adaptor. Works great and I use it on all my machines. They are cheap

Sendt fra min EML-L29 med Tapatalk

I will pick one of them up,

Does anyone know the pin configuration for making up a 25 pin serial lead?

Thanks
Marc

I use USR-N510, they are cheaper.
Make sure you pick a adapter that handles rts/cts (request to send/clear to send).
T2 and T3 does not use rts/cts but T32 does.

Thanks for the reply’s

I don’t need to be able to write or edit offline etc

All I need is to be able to save to my pc and re load from my pc just to keep the memory from filling up on the machine,

I will google Mazview as that’s sounds better suited to me and as a 1 man business the cheaper the better right now

Thanks
Marc

Hi all

On my Hyundai QT15n with T32B controller I have filled the memory with only 17 programs!!!! They are not even that big so obviously the memory is tiny

The lathe doesn’t have to DNC option so I need to remove/save the programs from the control to my laptop via the 25pin cmt port inside the little access panel on the side of the control, I assume I can use a male 25pin rs232 connector

The problem is my laptop doesn’t have rs232 or 9 pin, it only has usb

So does anybody know the cable configuration I need and how I need to pin it for use with a USB adapter

As for software to put on the laptop I have emailed GRIFFOBROS as I’ve read there stuff is very good for transferring mazatrol programs.

All help appreciated as I don’t want to have to keep deleting programs and then re writing them because the memory’s full

Thanks
Marc

View attachment 267791
View attachment 267792
View attachment 267793

I use cnc-link, low cost & very reliable. Call Keith, he's based in Sheffield. (google cnc-link).

I use cnc-link, low cost & very reliable. Call Keith, he's based in Sheffield. (google cnc-link).

Hi

Thanks for that, i spoke to Keith who was very nice and very helpful, he supplied the correct lead and the software i needed, remotely set it up for me and i can now download and upload from my laptop to the Mazatrol T32B control

CNCLINK Software – CNC Data Storage made simple.

Thanks for everybody's input in helping me sort this

Marc

I think you will find Griffo bros is expensive for what you want. Mazview is cheap and works a treat.
If you want to edit and write away from the machine then you will need either Griffo or Mazacam.
For just saving programs Mazview would be my choice as the program is saved as you see it on the screen so you can study it in your office and see where it has to be tweaked and then go to the machine and make the changes.
At the end of the day it depends on what you need and your budget. Couple of hundred compared to thousands

I to use MazView and use it to back up and store programs.
You will need a USB to 9 pin adapter and you will need to make a serial wire (25 pin) that connects to the 9 pin wire to a standard USB.
The wiring diagram is provided by MazView and where they recomend you to buy the USB to 9 pin adapter.

I here there is another way to wire it to your USB laptop but this worked for me.

Yes you need a USB-serial adapter. I use mazview and I mostly like it EXCEPT I hate their licence! Every time you install it on a computer it needs to be on the internet and connect to their network to verify the licence. So if they disappear in a couple years Im up shit creek with my machine and all my Mazatrol programs.

This is a huge piss off for me. Small companies like this come and go all the time, I dont want my business to be affected if they do go. I bought their software, I should have been given a key that will work offline, even if they are no longer around.

I would certainly consider other options then Mazview if buying again.

Back