What's new
What's new

Hows does block delete work on a Mazatrol Matrix Nexus 2?

Chevy427z

Stainless
Hows does block skip work on a Mazatrol Matrix Nexus 2?

Hi folks.

I know how to use block skip in a Fanuc based system, and can make mine work in EIA mode.

When I select "block skip" on the soft keys, I get a new page listing block skip 1, block skip 2, etc...

I would like to block skip multiple lines, say for a spot drill, while I test the next drill cycle, without putting fore slashes in front of every line.

Many thanks!

Mark

edited: replaced "delete" with "skip" sorry for the confusion!

Last edited:
Hi folks.

I know how to use block skip in a Fanuc based system, and can make mine work in EIA mode.

When I select "block skip" on the soft keys, I get a new page listing block skip 1, block skip 2, etc...

I would like to block skip multiple lines, say for a spot drill, while I test the next drill cycle, without putting fore slashes in front of every line.

Many thanks!

Mark

edited: replaced "delete" with "skip" sorry for the confusion!

Not something I've ever used but I believe that is how you would have to do it.

If its just for proving out, just got o EIA monitor, search for line you wish to restart from and hit 'Restart 2non model' go back to Position page and hit start.

Regards

Is the EIA monitor the same as the program monitor? If so, I can't scroll (or select anything) within that window.

To restart: Frst be sure that the tool I want to run is in the spindle.

While in EIA mode, I can hit "Position" then "restart" and it brings up a not very user friendly window. I hit enter at the top (sub prog)and my program number appears. Then (in the sequence box) I input the N number where I want to restart from (N100) <enter> I hit enter twice to get through the last two boxes (Third box is "block" (left blank) and last is "repeat" (also left blank) Another window opens showing all of my M "words", some are duplicated. No idea what this is for. I hit enter, then the big green button. X.Y, and Z all move at super creep speed to the last known spot (no idea why it seems to revert back to the line previously specified earlier (N100) When the axes all find that spot, could be feet away unless I physically jog there, it takes off running where I expect it to.

Man, that's a lot of typing/reading. Does it make any sense? I would like to rapid to where I need to restart or am I doing it all wrong? I wish Mazak would use the standard jargon that the rest of the industry uses.

Its crawling to the position because the last active G code must still be set to G1, if the line you restart from is G0 it would rapid. Being modal commands they stay active until it reads otherwise.

Program monitor is just to visually see what the program is doing, so no you can't scroll within it.

DSC_0331.jpg
From the menu select EIA Monitor (3rd from the right)

DSC_0332.jpg
Select search > Search down > then enter 'N20' or tool number, etc

Then push search down again to close that dialogue box

DSC_0333.jpg

Then on far right 'Restart2 Non Modal'

Then push the Position soft key and hit the start button.

Hope this helps
Regards

Bingo!

Took a little while to find the "EIA Monitor" button. Had to hit the left soft key a couple of times. But wow, what a difference. I was trying to restart it like Maz program. HUGE difference. Program takes off running as I expected it to.

Thank you again for your time and patience!

Mark

Back