What's new
What's new

Index / Orient Sub Spindle Without Clamping

mbpp

Aluminum
Hi guys,
Mazak SQT200MS 640T
The sub spindle has the 5 degree indexing option.
In MDI I can index to 1 degree increments : M319 S1 / M319 S59 / M319 S46 or whatever. It indexes only doesn't clamp.
However in Auto mode the M319 S(whatever) pushes out the clamp pin and when it's not lined up with a 5 degree hole it alarms out.
So is there any way (a parameter maybe)(or M-Code) that allows the sub spindle index M319 S(whatever) without sending out the clamp pin ?

Cheers Mark.

A lot of the older Mazaks do not have the ability to index and clamp the subspindle in 1 degree increments. 5 degrees is usually the standard. You may be able to brake, but not clamp.

OK what I said in the original post about 5 degree indexing was wrong, it has 1 degree indexing.
For some reason it alarms out in certain positions. I'm attaching my test prog, in which it drills 1 hole on center, 8 holes on 6.8 PCD & 15 Holes on 13.6 PCD.
I've written in the prog "Should Be..." they're the positions it alarms out on. Eg.: M319 S311 (Should Be 312) That means when I prog M319 S312 it alarms out but it works at M319 S311.
Has anyone come up against this ? Prox Switch ? something not lined up right, some holes in disk blocked ? funny that it's only for certain positions.
Thanks.

230 Orient Index Pin Sensor Malf.jpg

Attachments

• 1107 SUB SPINDLE DRILLINGS TEST.TXT
    1.3 KB · Views: 182
Hi.
In my sqt250, it was a stuck hydraulic electro valve.
Hope it helps someone in future.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

OK what I said in the original post about 5 degree indexing was wrong, it has 1 degree indexing.
For some reason it alarms out in certain positions. I'm attaching my test prog, in which it drills 1 hole on center, 8 holes on 6.8 PCD & 15 Holes on 13.6 PCD.
I've written in the prog "Should Be..." they're the positions it alarms out on. Eg.: M319 S311 (Should Be 312) That means when I prog M319 S312 it alarms out but it works at M319 S311.
Has anyone come up against this ? Prox Switch ? something not lined up right, some holes in disk blocked ? funny that it's only for certain positions.
Thanks.

View attachment 152578

yes you have it somewhere, have a look. that is your electrical drawing, sort of similar drawing

mechanical drawing for SQT28, but electrical for SQT250 . Well I guess mechanical is what you need. I pointed to a pin, there two proximity switches that can be doggy and on the right side looks like it is little plunger, hydraulically operated (looks like it to me). Open it, clean it , readjust proximity switches and , what else, the main gear...is it clean? If all is ok, then C - axis maybe not positioning itself correct (c axis PLG sensor can be doggy or PLG amplifer isnt tuned properly or malfunctioning) so pin hits the tooth instead of going in. the whole this is just my guess, it could be something absolutely different

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 144

Back