What's new
What's new

integrex 200SY air issue

ernieflash

Cast Iron
I just got a integrex 200SY I been working on getting it set up.
I have a 40 tool magazine and was attempting to load tools.
I must have hit wrong button and now I have air escaping somewhere in machine.
My Air compressor is marginal and after couple minutes I get "low air pressure" Alarm
Any help appreciated it has a 640T controller
Thanks

A little more info would be helpful.

When in milling mode (unclamped mill spindle) my machine will blow a lot of air in the milling head fore some reason. Try clamping the spindle and see if it goes silent.

I just got a integrex 200SY I been working on getting it set up.
I have a 40 tool magazine and was attempting to load tools.
I must have hit wrong button and now I have air escaping somewhere in machine.
My Air compressor is marginal and after couple minutes I get "low air pressure" Alarm
Any help appreciated it has a 640T controller
Thanks

I would bet money it is the positive air purge on the spindle. This is normal and you are going to need a bigger air compressor.

The air purge on and around the spindle (except through the spindle during toolchange) is almost non existent on my machine. I have the C6 spindle though, and KMZ might be different.

But when in milling mode it blows ridiculous amount of air on the belts and an air-oil mist on the gear in the head. The 200SY Mk II does not have an integrated milling spindle and has gearing in the head instead of the whole motor.

I have a 7.5 kW screw and it works quite hard to keep up with the air supply. Since I hate hearing the compressor work so much I have installed an adjustable valve on the supply of air to the belts and the gear. It was like a handheld airgun wide open. I refuse to have that amount of air blowing and the gears get well lubricated even when choked a bit.

But even so, this machine is a big air consumer compared to anything I have experienced before and I could not get away with much less than the compressor I have now. So yeah, he probably need a bigger compressor.

These use a bunch of air, I just measured usage on mine 1999 200SY without the milling head ON = 7cfm, with milling 12cfm. Check the valve settings on the 3 regulators, its in the manual, from memory main air regulator should be 55psi, the other 2 should be 25psi. if you feed it higher psi in the main the others will be higher and you can easily use over 20 cfm - ask me how I know...

Back