What's new
What's new

Integrex 200SY Mk2

ViktorS

Aluminum
So.. We bought a mazak integrex 200sy mk2, year 2000 or 01 (cant remember).

This has been an interesting experience. I began with an ola Arboga Combimatic 640 which, by me, was converted to LinuxCNC. After I began working for my current employer we purchased a Cincinnati Arrow 2000, which have huuuge travels compared to anything I had seen before. Fuck, I really love the acramatic 1200!

We also bought a Colchester Tornado A50 with fanuc 21iT. After a while I learned to program it by hand. A good experience but, Im no fan of fanuc after that. But, back on track..

Since then, I managed to convince the boss and friend to go for a Mazak Integrex. The reason: We do mainly onsies-twosies of more or less complex parts, and Im the only one who runs these machines. Most work is prototypes and the like.

Now to the subject. Im not too impressed with this machine either. There are several issues (not the machine itself, mind you) that is not good. First of all, we recieved all, as far is I know, documentation. This includes a G and M code list of several paiges. But there is no description for almost any of these, like subspindle push and so on. I had to figure that one out on my own.

Does anyone have the correct macro for tool compensation at angles? I have written my own and that works just fine, but would be interesting to see what others have done. The reseller here in sweden offered to sell us the macro. WTF? I thought this would be something that came with the machine!

I have problems with the subspindle, which is jerking somewhat when using M211 brake. I suppose that the disc just need som light lube to avoid stick-slip?

Slightly OT: The milling spindle bearings where ceramic I noticed. It was bound to happen since I was learning to use the machine and also modifying the post for Inventor HSM to go with Mazatrol 640MT.
Anyway, I replaced them with regular steel ones. The previous ones must have been worn because now I can do slotting in steel, which I could not before...

Regards
Viktor

I think the jerking with the subspindle might be a timer issue with the brake. That is adjusted through a parameter. But I cant tell you which one.

Wait until you have to get on the repair waiting list.
Anyway, we had the same machine, except mark 3. In the winter, every time someone opened a walk-in door (50 feet away) the offsets would need to be brought back in. All the part dimensions would be off .005". We would have to bring them out and then walk them back in while the machines warmed up again. The Integrex was brand new.

Back